mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Note Limit / Range programming in Motif XF faster than XS?"

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
JLPG
Total Posts:  34
Joined  06-16-2009

In the official launching-video of Motif XF we can see some screen images ...among others… some PERFORMANCE MODE pictures.

I enclose a photo-video of one of them,
referred to Note Limit/Range ,in a PERFORMANCE-mode screen.

Does it mean that I can change quickly (faster than XS) Note/limit (keyboard)Range of the each VOICE of the PERFORMANCE???

And… Can I change the Note/limit range of 2,3 or 4 VOICES from a Performancce AT THE SAME TIME ???

And finally, with the same “speed” Can I change the Note limit/Range of one ( or 2,3 or 4 at the same time) Arpeggios...?

The attatched photo of the PERFORMANCE-mode screen is in “PLAY” mode,so I don´t know if the pictured Note/Limit Range is referred to VOICE or to ARPEGGIO...or BOTH OF THEM

******It could be interesting if YAMAHA makes a list of “new” functions of MOTiF XF faster than XS.
“New” functions here means that they are preexistent in Motif XS but now with Motif XF you can SAVE steps ,access them more directly etc

Thanks!
Sincerely
José Luis

Image Attachments
Note Limit()Range Motif XF.PNG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

SInce there are always more ways than one to do things on the Motif-series, a “faster than” list is for you to figure for yourself. In other words, the way you are setting the NOTE LIMIT range now on your XS… are you certain it is the fastest most efficient way? Are you assuming there is only one-way?

Perhaps the way you have been doing it is not really the fastest way. It is best to leave such things until you sit down at it and press the buttons for yourself.

So I cannot really tell you if it faster than the way you are doing it now, because we do not know that…

I can tell you that the screenshot that you show means you can customize what you see on the main PERFORMANCE mode screen so if you do not want to view - it is not an active screen to EDIT the PERFORMANCE it is a screenshot of the type of information you can choose to view on YOUR Performance mode main screen.

PERFORMANCE NAME
SELECTED PART CONTROLS
PART NAMES and active/non-active status
CS locations .... as on the current XS

-- or --

You can select to view:
PERFORMANCE NAME (at the top or the bottom of the screen)
PART information including active status, Category, Name, Volume, and Note Limit Range

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 04:33 PM
JLPG
Joined  06-16-2009

Well. Yes...perhaps it is a subjective question...Not only one-way for making things in XS or XF…
The subsistent part of my question is if in the XF (in a Performance,or in a Mixing mode) can you program Note Limit/Range of 2 or 3 or 4 Voices (or arpeggios) at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 05:40 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

On both the XS and XF you program NOTE LIMIT RANGE on a per PART basis (not sure how you would do it all ‘at same time’). You can do it all on the same screen however…

From the main PERFORMANCE screen:
Press [F2] VOICE

Image Attachments
F2Voice.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:11 PM
JLPG
Joined  06-16-2009

Following this perfect example photo( where it is selected,I can see, part 1 of the Performance):

Can you select at the same time part 1 (power standard kit ),part 2 (mega finger slap) ,part 3 ( mega 60s) and part 4 (touch clavi) and with the data wheel(turn right/left) move it all the 4 selected parts AT THE SAME TIME the Note Limit/Range???????????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 06:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No. I wouldn’t want to. Serves no purpose in this mode (that I can see). It may just be me but I want to set the PARTS individually as I require.

Discover MASTER mode! By addressing the PERFORMANCE via a MASTER you can set one NOTE LIMIT range for the entire PERFORMANCE. (still not sure why you would want to do this, but you certainly can do it).
Associate the PERFORMANCE with a MASTER
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Set ZONE SWITCH = ON
Press [1] to view ZONE 1 Edit parameters
Press [F1] and activate ZONE 1 for INTERNAL
Press [F2] NOTE and here you can (all at the same time) set a NOTE LIMIT for the entire Performance).

If you don’t mind me asking what is your application for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
JLPG
Joined  06-16-2009

Thanks for the alternative Master Mode info.

Imagine that I am creating many performances based on the typical structure where bass arpeggiated sounds,guitar arpeggiated sounds and similar ones normally are in the left lower part of the keyboard. Instead of select each part of the performance and then with data-wheel moving the limit note/range to the left and repeating this operation in element 2 and 3 for example, you could select the 3 elements at the same time and then move with data wheel at the same time the limit note/range.
I asked that as an option and not as normal way of programming.
Of course there is a simple solution: to copy many times a performance with the same structure (limit note range) that I neeed, using it as a template with some work done (limit note range adjusted previously)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Open Labs Sale
Next Topic:

B-B-Boring Question about Performance Recording ››