mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "v1.56Update Question"

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 12:49 PM
Dezdon
Total Posts:  125
Joined  08-28-2006

Hi All,
Im just getting around to updating my operating system on my XS8.
I am on http://www.Yamaha.synths webpage and was about to download the update and I noticed on the bottom of the page to use “these downloads” if you use Stienberg DAW. Its a Motif Extension V1.51 .
Do I download and install this ALONG with the v1.56? Yes, I Use Stienberg Studio 5. And is this extention for the computer, DAW or Motif XS ?
Just want to make sure I do this right.
Thx,
-Dez

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 01:03 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, you should download the newest Extensions.  These are extensions that add features to Cubase to make it easier to integrate the Motif XS with Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
Dezdon
Total Posts:  125
Joined  08-28-2006

Thank You. I just noticed the release date of the extension. I would be surprised if I havent updated to that current version. Where might I find a reference to which ext version Im running? And is the ext a Motif,or PC upgrade?
thx
-Dez

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Extensions (as it says on the Extensions download page):
“MOTIF XS Extension” is a set of program plug-ins and project templates developed by Yamaha to enhance the functions of Steinberg DAW software.

You can find the version of the Extensions by looking in your computer… they are enhancements to your Steinberg software.

The version should be registered in Cubase
go to DEVICES > PLUG-IN INFORMATION > PROGRAM PLUG-INS Tab

[ Ignore ]