mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Any chance of seeing XF waves in a free XSpansion for the XS?"

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 10:22 AM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003

I know Korg hasn’t done anything lately to spur this generosity, but it’d sure be great to see some more “XSpand your world” banks based on the new XF waves.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 01:20 PM
dfahrner
Total Posts:  67
Joined  03-10-2009

A free (or pay-to-download) release of the new XF samples/voices for the XS would be nice.  I doubt that Yamaha would lose any XF sales if these were made available to XS owners, flash memory being the main selling point of the new instrument.

df

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
g.nieddu
Total Posts:  185
Joined  02-14-2009
WesEXer - 06 August 2010 10:22 AM

I know Korg hasn’t done anything lately to spur this generosity, but it’d sure be great to see some more “XSpand your world” banks based on the new XF waves.

Korg expanded M3 waves with new M50 waves, It should be fine Yamaha did the same… But I think we will have only some update without important new feature…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

The M50 was a mid-range model, though, not the new flagship. It made sense for the flagship to have the good samples of the newer mid-range product. To give a discontinued flagship all of the new, cool sounds of the new flagship would take away part of the motivation to get the new model, so I seriously doubt that will happen. Especially since there is already a great selection of free sounds available for the XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003
ksounds - 06 August 2010 03:39 PM

The M50 was a mid-range model, though, not the new flagship. It made sense for the flagship to have the good samples of the newer mid-range product. To give a discontinued flagship all of the new, cool sounds of the new flagship would take away part of the motivation to get the new model, so I seriously doubt that will happen. Especially since there is already a great selection of free sounds available for the XS.

IMO Korg refined the M3 Core sound set and spun that off to the M50, not the other way around. They then augmented the M3 with the Expansion.

This is one of those “Obviously easy to do” upgrades for the XS. There’s really not much to port. I don’t agree it will take away the “Motivation” to buy the new model because FLASH is the main selling point (I mean hey, that practically NAMED the keyboard flash). The other stuff is “Nice to have”. If you don’t want or need the flash, there’s not much reason to upgrade as an XS owner and most probably won’t unless they REALLY have a bunch of spare cash laying around.

This is simply something NICE Yamaha could do for it’s existing loyal customer base and a chance to show outstanding support. All the work’s been done soundwise. It’s kinda a no-brainer. To those of you who say “No one does this” Witness Universal Audio and their UAD Platform And Kurzweil. Part of the reason the UAD platform became so popular was because of the great promos, deals, and sometimes outright freebies the company gave out just for simply being a customer! When Kurzweil came out with the KB3 system for their NEW keyboard owners of the OLD keyboard got it too. So it DOES happen, and both are still in business and have cult followings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009
ksounds - 06 August 2010 03:39 PM

NO NO and NO !. Let me explain u clear. I think this days things not work this way.This days for us costumers ,is really a big deal to have thousands of waveforms using KONTAKT ot other virtual sampler.

If they don’t give us those waveforms , this means more and more Motif users will begin to orientate searching in software directions.With a few hundred bucks($199) i can buy ZeroG - Phaedra for Kontakt, CONTAINING thousands of amazing waveforms. I think that now is about Yamaha moral obligation to respect the consumer. Only with this strategy Yamaha will conquest consumers respect and a bigger sell support in the future.

Today things have changed.This days KONTAKT software is the biggest enemy of all workstations.  Is not like in the past ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

I’d love to see that happen (I want those trumpet shakes bad!). Heck, why even free? - I’d gladly pay for such an “expansion”. I think something around $500 would be enough to “compensate” Yamaha for not selling the XF itself to me. That’s not going to happen though, many would consider such a price to be outrageous and so on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2010 @ 06:24 PM
dingo_klectos
Total Posts:  198
Joined  04-01-2004
WesEXer - 06 August 2010 10:22 AM

You must be kidding me! Korg did far better expansion with the M3Xpanded, not just a cheesy sound bank expansion like the Motif XSPanded.

M3 Xpanded gives you piano roll, iphone style touch interface (though not as smooth as iphone), velocity meter, many DAW style features that Yamaha still refuses to give. Plus they gave tons of new sounds as well.

Next time, I request you to stop being a cheerleader for Yamaha and state the facts.

Yamaha:
- still no piano roll
- still no step sequencing
- still no XLR input
- still no crossfade looping
- still no VA or FM synthesis
- mlan is officially stripped and replaced by FW! (another big step backwards)

XF has been the most disappointing upgrade ever…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2010 @ 03:18 AM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

They’d probably say something along the lines of it being impossible because the programming would have to be done from scratch because the program patch would have to find the waveform which would be in a different allocation, etc,etc......Yeah....Something like that....It would be a nice surprise though....ZR

[ Ignore ]