mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mono piano"

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 08:51 PM
msavard
Total Posts:  200
Joined  07-22-2004

I know nobody should be playing this keyboard in mono, but sometimes you don’t have a choice…

How does the new XF piano sound in mono? Is there a separate mono piano sound that is different than the XS one? The XS really falls flat when playing in mono (understandably so seeing as it is a stereo sample).

Ok, commence the comments about why you would ever play the XS in mono, etc, etc…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2010 @ 09:00 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

There is a mono piano in both the XS and the XF.  It is in the Preset 1 bank at location A 16 and called Monaural Grand.

There are times when a mono piano is necessary so we included it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2010 @ 12:40 PM
msavard
Total Posts:  200
Joined  07-22-2004
Yamaha_US - 02 August 2010 09:00 PM

There is a mono piano in both the XS and the XF.  It is in the Preset 1 bank at location A 16 and called Monaural Grand.

There are times when a mono piano is necessary so we included it.

Yeah, I know about that one. It sounds off to me and really doesn’t cut it. I will have to spend some more time tweaking the EQ/filters/velocity responses too see if I can get something I like better. I’ve read the piano tweaking tutorial so I will re-visit that and see what happens.

Good luck on your XF. I spent several years saving to get the XS, so by the time I save for the XF, you will have some other cool thing I’m sure. :)

[ Ignore ]