mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Motif ES8 as backup band?"

Posted on: May 31, 2010 @ 12:47 PM
MusicalArtist
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-14-2008

Hello, I’m a first time poster.

I want to use my Yamaha Motif ES8 as a back up band so I can sing and play lead guitar. I have two sound monitors to play the music through. I’m very new to this and do not really know how to use my Motif yet.

1. How do I record the drums, bass and keyboards so I can play it back through the monitors?
2. How do I plug my guitar into the keyboards to record it? Might I damage it?

I have more questions about playing on Pro Tools but that can come at a later time.

Thank you for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2010 @ 10:44 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Welcome.

You are at the beginning of an interesting learning experience that will take some time, so don’t plan any gigs for the next few weeks :)

Read up on how to use the sequencer to record sounds from inside the keyboard. You will also be able to plug an external instrument in via this mode as well, so look that up in the manual. As a hint, download the Motif ES manual from http://www.yamahasynth.com and then use the search feature in the PDF to quickly find subjects you are looking for. There are also a lot of help document in the support section here, to include handy videos, etc. Also, be sure to check out Youtube as there are a selection of instructional videos there as well.

Follow some of the basic examples, and post back here when you get stuck.

Be patient. It takes time to learn this stuff :)

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Stage Lighting Question
Next Topic:

K&M;Spider Pro Keyboard Stand - Help Needed !! ››