mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My Foot Pedal Has Feet - Any Suggestions?"

Posted on: February 15, 2010 @ 04:01 PM
phurd
Total Posts:  76
Joined  10-22-2008

I was just wondering what some of you do for foot pedals that move on you while playing. I’ve been taping them down with a little duct tape but some of the stages I play on have nice hardwood flooring and I don’t like using the tape because of the gunk it leaves behind.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Patrick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

I have a real simple fix that has worked like a charm for me.  I had some scrap flooring underlayment (thin very clean plywood, like about 3/16” thick) that I just traced my footpedal profile onto.  I cut out the spot where the foot pedal goes, leaving a notch where the chord comes out of the pedal.  Now here is the important part - I then make it long enough that my heel rests on the wood while I can trigger the pedal with the ball of my foot.  The heel resting on the piece of wood keeps the pedal from sliding.  Make sure you don’t make this cut too short - it can never be too long unless you make it two feet or longer.

If this isn’t clear let me know and I will take a couple of pictures and post them.  Cost of this fix for me was $0 since I had the wood and the appropriate tools.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2010 @ 05:20 PM
phurd
Joined  10-22-2008

Steve..

That is an “excellent” idea! So are you just taping the pedal to the wood then?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2010 @ 04:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Stop Chasing pedals - the elegant solution (not as inexpensive as $0, to be sure) but a solution none the less.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2010 @ 06:15 AM
milari
Total Posts:  179
Joined  01-25-2009

wood is fine but hard to carry. Try a bathroom mat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Blu-tac. It never let me down once. A decent sized blob under each corner should do it, just be sure to press it down well at the start of the gig.

If you have a long gig then moistening it a little in the interval is worth doing. I used beer :)

Blu-tac, incidentally, is also a superb insulator of electrical current. I throw this in as a random bonus useless fact.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2010 @ 01:06 AM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Patrick,
I don’t have to use anything extra.  The cutout is just a bit bigger than the pedal footprint.  The wood keeps it from moving.  A little bit of slop in the fit is Ok.  As long as the wood is thick enough the pedal stays put.  And I have had no trouble taking this piece of equipment with me - it fits in my gig bag or in my keyboard case just fine.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2010 @ 02:32 PM
phurd
Joined  10-22-2008
Bad_Mister - 16 February 2010 04:00 AM

Stop Chasing pedals - the elegant solution (not as inexpensive as $0, to be sure) but a solution none the less.

Bad Mister - I checked out the link you posted. Very cool. I was wondering if they sell it w/o the foot pedals?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Try this…

http://www.creepnomore.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2010 @ 12:58 PM
Fozzer
Total Posts:  184
Joined  02-07-2010

This is what I use for my Computer Joystick, Steering wheels + Pedals, etc, and my Keyboard’s Expression Pedals and Sustain Pedals....

..anything that I don’t want to slip around!

Non-Slip flexible rubber mat...cut to size with scissors...>>>

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217606

Paul.....a slippery customer!...;)...!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2010 @ 02:47 PM
wonderment
Total Posts:  111
Joined  05-18-2010

If you like using tape, there is a product called “gaffers” tape, that AV, photo and movie people use. Leaves no residue and is not so sticky as to be cumbersome. You can get it a good photo stores.  That tape has lots of uses.  If you tidy up cables, it is easy to wrap around, then unwrap it without fighting it.  Really useful black tape. It’s like the Post-it-note version of duct tape. ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2010 @ 06:27 PM
Metheny
Total Posts:  142
Joined  12-02-2005

I use “gaffers” tape as well. Very effective, and easily removed at the end of the show.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2010 @ 08:26 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

Exactly! Gaffers works the best, a role will cost around $15 but will last for quite a while. I tape down 6 pedals for every show & I only buy 2-3 rolls a year.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2010 @ 03:37 AM
ronblechman
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-11-2009

Here’s what I use gigging…

Yamaha Pedalboard (made by SKB)

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-SKBPS15NP-Portable-Pedalboard?sku=581796

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Setting Up My Mo8 For FOH Stereo
Next Topic:

Quick question about my stage setup.. ››