mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I turn off or change seq pattern on PLG150AN from within ES program using controller or button"

Posted on: May 02, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
mitchmox
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-30-2009

Hi,

Maybe this is a question for BM or DP, but I want to use the baba o riley patch resides in the PLG150AN. The problem is I want to turn off the step seq and activate a single note seq for the middle of the song and then be able to return to the original step seq for subsequent chorus. I can’t figure out how to

a. Change step seq number on fly from ES voice (ie controller)
b. Turn off step seq alltogther from ES voice. (ie controller)

Is there someone who is familiar enough to help me out here.

I have the PLG editor up and running and have converted DP’s regen file that I bought into an .ans file, so I can edit the PLG part natively if I need to.

-Thanks,

Mitch

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 02:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not sure that you can… but you’ll have to experiment to find a way to accomplish your goal.

When you are using the STEP SEQUENCER built on the PLG150-AN board, you will want to set it so it synchronizes with MIDI clock (this is one of the NATIVE board parameters). This will allow it to follow the clock of the host product (the Motif ES, in your case).

Typically, Control Change 096 on the Motif ES is used to start and stop the arpeggiator - assign your FS (Foot Switch) to send cc096

I’m not really sure I understand exactly what it is you want to do, but a cc096 message will stop both the Step Sequencer and the Motif ES arpeggiator - particularly since they are sync’d.

What you may want to do is employ the PATTERN sequencer for what you are describing as “a single note seq for the middle of the song” (I’m not sure what that is exactly… but if you can record that to the ES sequencer then you can use a Foot Switch to stop the AN’s Step Sequencer and use the PATTERN mode to playback the passage in the middle of the song.

Hope that gives you some help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 05:50 PM
mitchmox
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-30-2009

Bad Mister,

The CC096 message sounds like an interesting approach for stoping the seq and I look forward to trying it. For clarification, as I program my performance for our cover version of The Who’s Baba O Riley, I’m trying to cover as much ground with my one ES-88 as possible.
The regenerator patch covers the background sequence which I have combined in a performance with piano for 80% of the song.
At the near end of the song before the fiddle breakdown ("we’re all wasted!!!)and during the power chords from the guitar, there is an 1/8 (maybe 1/16) time repeating note which I want to switch to from the seq seamlessly (if possible). This is where my question of how to terminate the seq came from and how switch to another seq pattern.

I’ll try the pattern idea and in the scheme of things, attempting this level of detail for a bar band rendition may be overkill.

In general, it opened up the question of how to switch to a differant seq pattern (or turn it off) from the controllers on the face of the ES. (buttons, sliders, footswitch..)

So my last question, does the PLG150 architecture support real time switching of seq patterns within a program from the host (ES)?

Thanks again

-Mitch

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In general, it opened up the question of how to switch to a differant seq pattern (or turn it off) from the controllers on the face of the ES. (buttons, sliders, footswitch..)

Set the FS (Foot Switch) = 096

So my last question, does the PLG150 architecture support real time switching of seq patterns within a program from the host (ES)?

Each note of the keyboard can be a different sequence and you can Note Shift them up or down to different keys.
There can be something like 128 different step sequences

We did an article and tutorial with example (it was about 9 years ago and was for the original Motif but should load into the ES) we’ll see if we can find it and attach it…

You can find the Downloads here: (several are on the PLG150-AN and the STEP SEQUENCER.

Motif ES Downloads in the SUPPORT AREA

File Attachments
PLG150ANMotifVoiceEditor.zip  (File Size: 286KB - Downloads: 547)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wanted PLG-150DX
Next Topic:

61 Motif ES, PLG150DX and PLG150AN ››