mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I’ve gone Wireless - brilliant!"

Posted on: April 09, 2010 @ 09:19 AM
pb125770
Total Posts:  53
Joined  11-26-2005

Dear Motifators,

Thought I’d drop in a line to share an experience I had last weekend and will be continuing from here on in.

Driven by curiousity and on a bit of a whim I bought myself a pair of E-MU Pipeline Wireless tranceivers.

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=902&subcategory=903&product=18609

My live setup has my motif ES teamed up with a TritonEX and either a JV2080 rack or N5-EX. All patched into a little Edirol portable stereo/digital mixer which I sit on the motif itself. Anyway, I plugged an RCA stereo cable (like the ones in your hi-fi) out of the mixer into the transmitter and placed the other receiver at the desk (it should work up to 50 feet). Again taking a RCA link into the desk. You can also use SDIF digital connections but no point if the FOH board doesn’t take a SDIF input, which ours doesn’t.

Wow! What a sound. The sound guy was blown away with the quality of the sound from the boards. He was getting the kind of tones we normally only hear when using good headphones direct into the board. The sound dimensions were expanded (CD quality) and the stereo separation outstanding (I extensively pan the voices in my patches). Can’t wait to use it again tomorrow.

I read that some people are already using them for home recording to reduce wires/leads but couldn’t find a review by anyone using them live before. So I thought I’d pass it on just to see if anyone else has had an experience with these little gems or might find it useful. It cuts down the trails of leads on stage.

The only other note is that I had to reduce the mids and a few of the lows on the EQ of the voices and in my mixer as I initial got a fair amount of distortion on some of the big sounds from the keys but all have been sorted with no impact. The guy on the desk also kept a hand hovering over the mids in case.

I paid £166 (UK) for the pair. I might get two more as it has a many-one capability and I can use of in-ear monitoring or to receive input to my wharfedale titan monitors.

Regads, Boyler.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2010 @ 07:37 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Thanks for posting. Do you have to run these on batteries or can you get a power adapter for them?  Wireless is great, but with mics and such, tough on batteries…

Thanks,

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS6 Import Midi sequence problem
Next Topic:

Stagepas 500 question ››