mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG100-VH, Motif Classic, Performance Mode, How to store the Meldody Channel 2?"

Posted on: November 19, 2009 @ 07:20 PM
recorder
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-31-2004

Help needed.

I use a MOTIF Classic 7 with a PLG100-VH PLG-Board in Slot 1. I am in Performance Mode and use a microphone to create a vocoder effect triggered by melody channel 2. Everthing works fine. I saved the Performance and also an ALL file which is reloaded after switching off as an AUTOLOAD file. When I switch off the MOTIF and switch it on again, the Performance Sound is reloaded, unfortunately the Melody Channel of the PLG100-VH is reset to Channel 1.

How can I store the Performance including the PLG100-VH settings?

I nearly read every posting including “plg” “store” “save” but could not find the answer.

Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2009 @ 04:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You are saying “PERFORMANCE” Mode - which receives on a single MIDI channel - how/why are you setting the Melody Channel to Channel 2?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
recorder
Joined  01-31-2004

Sorry my for my late response. I wasn’t online for the last weeks. It seems I have to provide some more information:

In Performance Mode I created a 3-Zone split. Each Zone responses to a separate Midi Channel. I want to play this Performance in Master Mode. The Vocoder Effect should only refer to the bass part. Unfortunately I do not find a way to either save the Harmony Channel nor the Melody Channel.

Bad Mister, if you need further information please let me know. I am really lost with this issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2009 @ 07:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but in PERFORMANCE mode the Motif is on a single MIDI channel. ZONES are a function found in MASTER mode, not PERFORMANCE mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
recorder
Joined  01-31-2004

Bad Mister, of course you are absolutely right.

I try to describe exactly what I already did to reach my setting, which works fine until I try to save it.

I create a PERFORMANCE in PERFORMANCE MODE. My goal is to include a Vocoder Effect using the PLG100-VH only responding to bass notes which I play with my left hand.

I connect a microphone to A/D Input L and switch to Part AD to route the microphone signal to the PLG-EF and choose Vocoder HM. I then set the Harmony Channel to 02 and save the PERFORMANCE (Exactly here lies the problem because the Harmony Channel 02 always resets to Harmony Channel 01 when I switch off the MOTIF).

Then I change to MASTER MODE. I choose the a.m. PERFORMANCE and set the Zone Switch on. Zone 1 transponds on Midi Channel 2, the others are still in factoty setting (i.e. TransCh 1, TGSwitch off and MIDISwitch off).

Now I have exactly what I want. The Vocoder Effect is only triggered by my left hand (Zone 1) which sends on MIDI Channel 2.

So, the main question:

How can I save settings of the PLG100-VH so that they are automatically loaded with the PERFORMANCE or SONG when I switch on the MOTIF7? I tried to use the AUTOLOAD function buth the MOTIF replies that the AUTOLOAD function does not work with the PLG100-VH.

I feel that there must a solution.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2010 @ 10:49 AM
recorder
Joined  01-31-2004

for everbody who may be interested in the soultion I found:

The problem was that I wanted to assign the vocoder effect only to the lower part of the keyboard. I created a Performance and wanted to use different Midi channels for Melody and Harmony Channel of the PLG100-VH. Unfortunately I learned that in Performance Mode you can only use Midi Channel 1.

I managed to solve this problem. I now use the Performance in Master Mode, working with two Zones (one is transmitting on Midi Channel 1 and therewith controlling the vocoder effect, the other transmitting on channel 2 for the upper part of the keyboarded and therefore not assigned to the vocoder).

It took a while to find this solution but maybe someone of you might have (had) the same issue.

Now everything works as it should.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ DX simulator for mac?
Next Topic:

MOtif plug in boards and memory for sale ››