mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Key-On function for live use?"

Posted on: January 30, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

I’m looking for way to be able to “hold” or sustain say an organ sound without using a sustain pedal… but rather a on/off either a FC4 or other controller option. 

Here is what I currently try doing: on my XS6 I will play an organ sound while controlling the Volume Pedal FC9 with left foot - I will spin the RELEASE knob full 100% - giving a nice long sustain/release while I am playing my XS8 with a sustain FC3 on my XS8 with my right foot.

This allows that sound to ring out whie i control the volume accordingly while playing piano pad on the XS8.

but i have to reset the knob before i can play anything else to reset the RELEASE, then spin it for another long releasing sound.  Hope that makes sense.

I’m sure there are other ways than the RELEASE knob, any ideas?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2010 @ 12:18 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Using the mod wheel on that organ patch? If not you could map that to CC64 (sustain). 

Use the ribbon controller, set that to stay at the point where you release your finger in the Utility mode ([UTILITY] → [F3] VOICE → [SF4] CTL ASN).

Another option would be to use a latching foot pedal such as those made by Boss.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2010 @ 04:15 AM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

Thanks for the reply - I would really like to use the ribbon controller, but cannot seem to get it to respond.. In MASTER mode, I’m going UTILITY - F3VOICE - SF3 CONTROL, and tried several settings..volume pedal, release time… and no reponse.  I must be missing something simple.

Thanks in advance,

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ O/S enhancement request
Next Topic:

Setting Up My Mo8 For FOH Stereo ››