mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Setup w/ES8 and mLAN16E"

Posted on: January 06, 2010 @ 12:44 AM
bashinsk
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-29-2007

Hi all!

I’m just getting my studio set up.  Here’s my basic equipment:

- Mac Pro
- Yamaha ES8 w/mLAN16E and PLG100-VH card
- M-Audio ProjectMix I/O FireWire USB Control Surface
- KRK Monitors
- Pro Tools M-Powered
- Sonar
- Many VST plugins and a few outboard processors, such as
an RNC1773--Really Nice Compressor

I’m fairly lost in terms of taking the next step.  Do I install all the S/W first?  Do I install all the H/W?  What is the best way to configure the ES8, which will be my main instrument?

Any “starting” tips appreciated!

hb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2010 @ 02:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You have a lot of equipment - however, you are going to have to decide what you want to use and how you want to work. The Motif ES w/mLAN16E will work with Sonar (no problem). And you can probably use your VST Effects as well.

But your Pro Tools/m_Audio gear does not play well with others - in other words in order to use Pro Tools you will need to use the m-Audio equipment - you cannot use the mLAN16E (nor any VST plug-ins) in the world of Pro Tools. Sorry. Pro Tools has its own proprietary interfaces.

We can help if you wish to use the Motif ES and mLAN - but if you need help with the Digidesign/m-Audio world you should really contact them for the restrictions about what you can and can’t run with their system.

You can use the Motif ES via the standard analog outputs, if you wish to use Pro Tools. But their audio interface does not accept the firewire input from the mLAN16E.

We are not sure how you are running Sonar on a Mac Pro, but I guess you will let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2010 @ 02:06 AM
bashinsk
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-29-2007

Hi!

Thanx for the response.  I know that ProTools will not use my VST plugins, which is why I plan to use “adapt” from FXpansion to convert them to RTAS.

I did not know that ProTools will not be able to “see” the audio I/O from the mLAN16E.  I thought that I would be able to use the Graphic Patchbay program to map I/O to ProTools.  Is this not the case?  What if I use the USB connection?

Besides SONAR, what other DAWs will use the mLAN input?

Thanx again!

hb

PS:  I run WIN-XP on my Mac to use SONAR.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Studio rig around my motif XS
Next Topic:

Moftif XS effects in realtime ››