mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CLICK assignment help…"

Posted on: December 25, 2009 @ 07:58 AM
doruenescu
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-22-2009

Hi, I´m working for a new project where we play with some tracks pre-recorded. I need to send the click for the monitors desk, to every singer and musician, BUT, it should be assigned to assign output and I don´t know if is possible or not. I´ve reed the manual but there I just found the tracks assignment not the CLICK. Conclusion...I need the CLICK OUTPUT thru ASSIGN OUT…
Please help me… Thans all of you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2009 @ 05:35 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You are correct that the Motif XS’s internal metronome (aka click) cannot be routed to the assignable outputs. What you will need to do is to create a “click track” on one of the unused tracks in your song and route that to the assignable outputs.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2009 @ 01:46 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

Wouldn’t it be easier for just the Drummer to have the click? Since that’s the tempo you would be following? Just sayin…

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2009 @ 01:46 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

Wouldn’t it be easier for just the Drummer to have the click? Since that’s the tempo you would be following? Just sayin…

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008
bsr2002 - 29 December 2009 01:46 PM

Pre-precorded tracks tend not to follow drummers. If those pre-recorded tracks are on the XS then the drummer will have to slave to the tempo just like everything else.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2010 @ 05:02 PM
doruenescu
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-22-2009

Right, but we are all professionals, studio musicians and we´re always working with click… thanks all of you. Finaly I found a solution for my click, route all tracks to assign out and leave the output just for click…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2010 @ 11:53 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

That will work, but be aware that tracks routed to the assignable outputs do not have system or master FX applied to them, only insert FX.

You may find it better to record your own click onto a spare track and route that to the assignable outputs, and leave everything else going to the main L/R outputs.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Synchronize metronome with wave file on Yamaha S90XS
Next Topic:

setting up rythm ››