mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "attack , reverb effects on patches and combinations"

Posted on: December 16, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
brees21
Total Posts:  9
Joined  12-16-2009

Hello, i am a new owner of yamaha motif rack workstation and i am confused. can u please tell me step by step how to assign atttack and reverb in a single patch or combination?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Patch = VOICE
Combination = PERFORMANCE

Now that you own a Motif-Rack using the correct terminology will help you find things inside the unit and inside the Owner’s Manual.

Not sure what you mean by “assign attack”

You don’t mention what you are using as a controller so we have to guess that you have one and that you have the ability to assign Control Change numbers - it is standard in MIDI to use Control Change number 73 (cc073) to control the ATTACK of any sound. If you have the ability to send cc073 from your controller you can control the ATTACK of any sound. Values greater that 64 will (offset) slow the attack.

Control Change for REVERB SEND is also standard in MIDI cc091… so if you have the ability to send cc091 from your controller you can control the amount of reverb send.

Both of these Control Change messages are on a per CHANNEL basis (as they are Channel messages).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2009 @ 12:08 PM
brees21
Joined  12-16-2009

I am using a Roland A-30 controller. Its first time for me using a rack and midi controllers. I have other synths as Korg M1 and Juno G and each synth has a button or a level to control effects like Attack , reverb, cutoff, delay, sustain etc . How may i control these effects from the Rack and not from the midi controller to voices and performances?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2009 @ 02:00 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Use the front panel - we highly recommend you get or download an Owner’s Manual - as it can give you detailed graphics about navigating the operating system.

In VOICE mode
Press [EDIT]
use the PAGE buttons [<]/[>] to select the screen that says “OUTPUT”
Here you can control the REVERB SEND - among others - use the UP/DOWN cursor to highlight the parameter

PAGE [>] to the screen that says [EG/FLT] Envelope Generator/ Filter. Here you can find the AEG ATTACK parameter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
brees21
Joined  12-16-2009

Thank u very much bad mister. you rock !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Effects on the Motif ES rack
Next Topic:

were the timing issues corrected? ››