mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VH board live vocals with organ"

Posted on: October 24, 2009 @ 12:18 AM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I’m considering adding a plg 100VH board to help with background vocals in a live band situation.  Could I play a chord and get the vocal harmonies layered with an organ sound as well, like a normal performance mode?  I’m not sure if you can combine the microphone/VH board with other sounds and what you can or can’t do with it.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

I’d also like to know if it’s possible to route the “vocals” through the assignable output so it can go to the p.a. and have the organ sound through the normal output.  Anybody have any experience with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2009 @ 03:41 AM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

Ok, I just got the VH board and I’m really impressed!!  It’s exactly what I had hoped for.  It’s really easy to use and we now have some harmonies for our band, hurray!! (we don’t have very good back up singers).  I see now that layering sounds is no problem, but I still would like to know if there is a way to get this vocal output to the assignable outputs so it can feed into the p.a. without the keyboards.  Looks like you can set any of the 4 parts of a performance that way but I don’t see a way to send the A/D part.  Help!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2009 @ 01:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, I did not see your question… you have figured out most of this on your own (congratulations)

you will be happy to hear that yes you can route the Vocal and the Harmonies out via the Assignable Output.

In your PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON] a/k/a the DrumKits/Favorites button
Press [F5] AUDIO IN
Here you can set the parameters for your microphone and the VH generated harmonies.

MONO/STEREO should be set to match the input you are using on the back panel
OUTPUT SELECT = asL/asR - this will send the vocals (and harmonies) to the assignable left and right jacks on the back panel.

Note: when you assign a PART to any of the assignable outputs it will be taken out of the main System mix (which removes it from the REVERB, CHORUS and SYSTEM EFFECTS). The reason the mic is removed from the effects will become clear in a minute…

However, the AD PART can be assigned its own Dual Insertion Effect setup. Here’s how:
In your PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Select [F6] EFFECT
Press [SF2] INS SW (INSERTION SWITCH)

In the Motif ES any eight PARTS can recall their INSERTION EFFECTS. Here you will see that the INSERT SWITCH is ON for the four INTERNAL PARTS - turn it ON for the AD PART

Now that is is activated for the AD (mic input) PART, you can go to the AUDIO INPUT and select your Effects.
Press [F5] AUDIO INPUT
Press [SF2] INS TYPE (INSERTION EFFECT TYPE)
Select any two INSERTION EFFECTS you wish to use on your Vocals… remember these are INSERTION EFFECTS so only your vocals will be using them… Which is exactly what you want… And these effects will go out the assignable outputs with the vocal and harmonies…

Now you can see why when you assign a PART to the individual outputs it no longer uses the System effects. How silly would it be to have the rest of the mix coming through with your now isolated vocals...? imagine having the ghostly reverb of a snare drum, guitar and piano, in the background on your “isolated” vocals… So the routing is very professional and allows you the most flexibility.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
okdk
Joined  10-17-2007

That’s what I was hoping to find out, thanks, that’s awesome!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150 AN Expert Editor for OS9?
Next Topic:

DX simulator for mac? ››