mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Manager 2.3.1 and Motif=Rack ES problems…"

Posted on: October 20, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
mikevan1963
Total Posts:  18
Joined  04-07-2009

I have installed Studio Manager 2.3.1 and the USB-MIDI driver v 2.3.3…I have set MIDI IN/OUT on Motif-Rack to USB and Device to “all” I have set/mapped MIDI ports in Studio Manager to Motif-Rack ES1.  When I attempt to synchronize from hardware (Multi & Voice) I can see MIDI transmit message briefly on Motif-Rack ES..then it quickly disappears and the Studio Manager Application closes…I have already tried increasing transmit buffer sizes, and changed some settings in Motif-Rack ES (device no., MIDI sync etc.) Can anyone assist me in troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

That’s certainly not normal.  If you’re seeing the Transmit Message, then it appears communication is set up correctly, but the application is crashing.

What OS are you running?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 12:13 PM
mikevan1963
Joined  04-07-2009

Using Win XP Pro SP3...I may try uninstall/reinstall of Studio Manager & Driver today but any help/thoughts appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 01:17 PM
mikevan1963
Joined  04-07-2009

Ok, uninstall/reinstall got me a bit further but I get Bulk Data check sum errors in Studio Manager...have also tried using MIDI ports via USB...get either check sum errors or receiving time out error.

Also, my Motif-Rack is firmware v 1.02...wanted to back up my voice/multi’s and update firmware to v1.03...could v1.02 be cause?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2009 @ 12:31 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

I doubt it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
mikevan1963
Joined  04-07-2009

Well I can at least now call Multi’s and Voice data from hardware via editors...but sync/recall still crashes app (It does show voice as complete but Multi’s only show 50% progress before crashing app).

Yamaha support has been a joke...had several responses but they seem to be grabbing random responses from a support DB...appears they do not even read the info I provide

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2009 @ 02:12 AM
wildbill
Total Posts:  15
Joined  09-04-2004

I’m having similar problems - check sum, and time out errors.  The program doesn’t crash though, it just stops responding.

Single banks seem to go OK, but there’s no option to do just all single banks.

I’ve got my unit running through a midi router though.  A direct midi connection might work better, but the way I currently have things set up, it’s difficult to access the ports.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A MIDI Time Out Error is a specific error that occurs when there is a problem with the communication - and can be the PORT setup, or even bad USB cables. The cabling issue you will need to check and eliminate as a possibility yourself. The PORT setup we can maybe help you with

Information we need:
1) are you running Studio Manager stand alone or are you running it within a Steinberg program (Cubase, or Nuendo)?

2) are you running Studio Manager stand alone but at the same time as you are running a DAW application (Sonar, DP, Logic, etc)?

3) When you go to CONTROL PANEL and click on the Yamaha USB-MIDI icon does the Control Panel for the driver open? What do you see?

4) What are the exact options that are checked in the STUDIO MANAGER Setup window, and in the individual EDITOR’s Setup window… this way we can eliminate it from a causing the error

5) Is there anything strange about the connection between the Motif-Rack ES and your computer (i.e., are there any hubs or cable extensions, that could be causing a problem)

6) Does you computer meet the recommended specification for running the software? (the program shutting down would be a different issue from a Time Out Error… and is computer related - but we have to start with the specifications of the computer to troubleshoot that issue).

Let us know.

By the way, there is a new Yamaha USB-MIDI driver posted October 22, 2009 - please download, read the installation guide concerning your particular Computer Operating System.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to copy a performance to a mulit
Next Topic:

THE THRILL IS GONE... ››