mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New XS7 and using it on stage tomorrow night HELP!!"

Posted on: October 29, 2009 @ 01:35 AM
damo129
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-24-2009

Hi All,

I have had my new Motif XS7 for 4 days and am frantically learning the functions in need so I can get her on stage tomorrow night. a scary thought!!

I have all my sounds programmed etc, and am happy with my progress so far.

I have 1 question though.

In performance mode, can i easily set up so that certain sounds are contolled from my old keyboard, and others from the motif? IE using the motif sound module, but different sounds from different keyboards.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks, Damian.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2009 @ 07:38 PM
Metheny
Total Posts:  142
Joined  12-02-2005

Hi,

I don’t know if it’s possible in Performance mode. However, it is possible in Song (or Pattern) mode, which is what I use in live context.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct. You can go to a SONG or PATTERN MIXING setup - and then transfer your PERFORMANCE to that MIXING setup.

Just FYI: VOICE and PERFORMANCE mode (listed next to each other on the front panel) are the modes where you are transmitting on the basic Keyboard Transmit Channel. In Voice mode you are playing one Voice, and in Performance mode you are playing as many as four Voices, each Voice placed in a “PART” - but the key thing to understand is you are transmitting to them all on a single MIDI channel.

The SONG and PATTERN modes (listed next to each other on the front panel; and listed under the heading “SEQUENCER") are the modes where the Motif XS has multiple sounds (16, each in a PART) and each can be on a different MIDI channel. You are actually free to place as many on the same channel as you require. You can transmit on one MIDI channel at a time but you can combine multiple PARTS on a single MIDI channel, as necessary to accomplish your goal.

You select Transmit channels by selecting the TRACK SELECT buttons [1]-[16]. Each Track can be set to transmit on any one of the 16 MIDI channels (although the default conditions 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, and so on).

There are two methods of transferring a PERFORMANCE into a SONG/PATTERN MIXING setup.

1) COPY
2) TEMPLATE

COPY
From [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERF
Select the attributes you wish to copy and direct it to the group of four PARTS in the MIXING setup, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 or 13-16

This will place all PARTS on the same MIDI channel (the current Basic MIDI Receive Channel). You can play them all just as you did in PERFORMANCE mode by selecting the lowest numbered PART.

TEMPLATE
From [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F5] TEMPLATE
Direct it to the group of four PARTS in the MIXING setup, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 or 13-16

This will place all PART on separate MIDI channels. You will not be able to play them all simultaneously… but this is useful when you want to recreate a PERFORMANCE in your sequence, but you want to execute each musical part individually.

Summary: There are two methods to move PERFORMANCE data into a SONG or PATTERN MIXING setup. One (COPY) places all PARTS on the same MIDI channel so you can play them together, the other (TEMPLATE) places all PARTS on different MIDI channels so that you can play them individual (or from an external controller).

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
damo129
Total Posts:  8
Joined  10-24-2009

Thanks so much!! I’ll give it a go, and report back on my progress.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ xs8: live vs studio
Next Topic:

Midi Soft thru like function? ››