mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Select Insert Effect in Multi Mode via Midi Message"

Posted on: October 31, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
ruflus
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-30-2009

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to send sysex messages to my Motif Rack ES to affect an insertion effect in multi mode.

This is the sysex I use :

a ) F0 43 10 7F 00 40 03 00 09 00 F7

- 09 00 to select Distortion Effect
- 40 03 00 means Normal Common Voice because there is no command for Multi Mode…

b ) F0 43 10 7F 00 36 00 60 00 00 00 01 F7

- 36 00 60 to switch the effect on
- 00 00 00 01 = part 1

In conclusion, it doesn’t work.. :(

Thanks for your help

Ruflus

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

In multi-mode, you can change the system effects (those generated by the Chorus, Reverb and Master Effects processors) directly - via a system exclusive command. However, the system effects processors do not support distortion. These effects can only be generated by the Motif Rack ES’s insertion effects processors.

As you’ve noticed, you cannot add an insertion effect to a part of a multi directly. Insertion effects are applied to a single voice and are therefore specified as part of the programming for the voice.

Thus to add distortion to a part of a multi, what you need to do is to edit the desired voice; adding (or changing) the insertion effects for that voice to include the distortion effect you want. You would then save this voice into one of the USSER voice bank slots. From there you can assign it to a part of a multi and (using the second System Exclusive command in your post) to enable or disable the insertion effects for that part of your multi.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2009 @ 06:34 AM
ruflus
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-30-2009

Hi Brad,

What a shame there is no direct way to do that…
Anyway, thank you very much for your helpful answers. :)

And sorry for my bad english writing ;)

Best regards from France,

Ruflus

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ memory card to motif
Next Topic:

Motif Rack ES for sale ››