mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS8 in Performance and add a second keyboard live use"

Posted on: October 20, 2009 @ 10:47 PM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

I have an XS8 that I have a Performance that I use.  I would like to take one (organ) of the 4 voices and make it (organ) available to play through a second keyboard via MIDI.  I cannot seem to get it to work… I’m sure this is simple… but need to figure this out before live set this weekend.  I have resisted a second keyboard live, but I think it is time… (Oh the second leyboard is a very old Korg O1Wfd) I know its probablly an insult to the XS.. I know but need to have more sounds available so a second board “hooked up correctly” looks inevitable.

Thanks

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 05:00 AM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009
Alaskan Buckeye - 20 October 2009 10:47 PM

I have an XS8 that I have a Performance that I use.  I would like to take one (organ) of the 4 voices and make it (organ) available to play through a second keyboard via MIDI.  I cannot seem to get it to work… I’m sure this is simple… but need to figure this out before live set this weekend.  I have resisted a second keyboard live, but I think it is time… (Oh the second leyboard is a very old Korg O1Wfd) I know its probablly an insult to the XS.. I know but need to have more sounds available so a second board “hooked up correctly” looks inevitable.

Thanks

Greg

It’s possible but quiet complex.
In performance yamaha only uses 1 midichannel. Because of that it’s not a good idee in performance mode to split sounds up to a second keyboard.
You best work in song-pattern mode.
Select song-pattern, mixing, job, F3, SF3, Select the performance you want to use. Also the parameters you want to copy to the song.
Now on the first midichannel of the song-pattern you got your performance. Track 1-4.
Now you can use the other midichannels triggerd by your second keyboard.
ie you got the possibility to set up 12 sounds that you can choose from directly from your second keyboard by switching midichannels. Evidently you can use program changes on let’s say midichannel 5.
If now you go into recordmode en press F2 [arpeggio] you can even switch between ARP1to5.

[ Ignore ]