mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User voices"

Posted on: October 11, 2009 @ 10:03 PM
szurcio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-03-2009

Hi,
I’m new to Motif Rack ES. From what I see, there are 6 voice banks with 768 preloaded presets and 3 user banks with 256 preloaded presets that are different from the 768 voices in the 6 factory banks. So there are 1024 different presets altogether + only 128 duplicated (in one user bank). Now if I wanted to get some extra voice libraries from the Motifator store, does it mean I would have space for only 128 new presets (if I didn’t want to overwrite the 2 user banks with their unique presets)? The rack version doesn’t take any memory cards. What other options do I have?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You are correct that if you don’t want to overwrite the two user voice banks that have unique voices in them you will only be able to load 128 new voices into the Motif Rack ES.

Management of user voices on the Motif Rack ES is accomplished using its voice editor running on a computer attached to the rack unit via MIDI or USB. Using this editor you can audition voices from multiple libraries and the assemble your favorite 384 voices (including the factory default user voices) to load into the USER voice banks.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2009 @ 12:20 PM
szurcio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-03-2009

Thanks, Brad. But since there is no sampler on a Motif Rack ES, I will be able to load only voice libraries that are based on the internal ROM, right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

That’s correct.

Brad

[ Ignore ]