mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problems with MIDI Controler in Performance Mode"

Posted on: October 10, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
brantleeper
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-31-2007

Hey guys, I am having a heck of a time figuring out what control numbers I need to assign to the sliders on my 88 key MIDI controler to be able to adjust the part levels in performance mode. If I have say 2 blended voices, a piano and pad, and want to use the sliders to bump up the pad volume during the performance, how would I program the siders?

I know this is probably a very simple question but have not been able to see it in the archives.

Thanks in advance for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2009 @ 12:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In PERFORMANCE mode you are addressing both sounds on the same MIDI channel. So a Volume message for one will affect the other. PART level parameters in the keyboard version of the Motif ES handles individual PART levels in a PERFORMANCE via System Exclusive messages. This is the only practical way to quickly control the individual Level of PARTS on the same MIDI channel.

What you would need to do, (assuming your 88 note controller probably does not allow you to send System Exclusive message via its control sliders), is to program the sound you want to control the Volume level of (the PAD) to respond to the Controller and have the other (the PIANO) not respond to that controller.

Say you have your Control slider set to send cc011 Expression
You can set the Piano PART to ignore volume change commands while the Pad PART responds

Call up your PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Press the [MUTE/SEL], if necessary to turn the LED Off, this selects the SELECT function
Select PART 1
PAGE to [RcvSw ] screen (Receive Switch)
Cursor down until you see the VOLUME parameter and set it to OFF for the Piano.

Now when you send cc011 to this Performance only the PAD sound will vary in volume.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Setting up P-80 keyboard patch buttons to change patch on Rack
Next Topic:

User voices ››