mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Updating OS on the ES Rack"

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 05:25 PM
mbunkerusa
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-03-2006

1.  I see that the latest OS updater for the ES Rack is mres103.zip for ver 1.03, from yamahasynth.com.  I selected this and was sent to the license screen.  From there the Download button takes me back to the search results screen, and it’s an endless circular loop which never starts the download.  Can this frustating problem be fixed?

2.  The latest OS updater for the ES keyboards is 1.08.  I must assume that only the features that the KB has and the Rack doesn’t were affected.  Z’this true?

3.  How can I check the OS version for my ES Rack from the front panel?  Can this be done?

Thanks for any help.  -Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
mbunkerusa
Joined  02-03-2006

My apologies on item 1 in my list.  Windows Vista was blocking this download and I didn’t see the warning message.  It usually doesn’t do this on downloads and that is why I missed it.  -Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2009 @ 11:11 AM
mbunkerusa
Joined  02-03-2006

OK, I’ll ask this again.  Is there some way to find out what the current OS version is in the Rack-ES?  I know some of the keyboards have a power-on key combination to display it.  -Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
mbunkerusa
Joined  02-03-2006

Thanks to Bad_Mister from the archives:

Quote:
Confirming the current Firmware version:
Turn on the MOTIF-RACK ES power while pressing [EXIT] + [PAGE >] + [MUTE/SEL/ENTER]

Current version is 1.03

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
mbunkerusa
Joined  02-03-2006

OK, this thread can die out.  I was able to update my Rack ES via Windows Media Player by directing MIDI playback to the Rack ES USB port.  Configuration was done through the Sound… options in the Control Panel.  This works in Windows XP, not Windows Vista, where these controls don’t seen to exist.

Thanks to Szurcio for explaining how this is done in another forum topic.

[ Ignore ]