mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "LOGIC 9"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 01:01 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

i didnt know what you meant by “Also, the XS acts as your audio card. So, you will monitor the output of Logic via the AMP or powered monitors that are connected to the XS…” or when that come into play

At all times, just as you would hook up the XS to an amp to hear it when not using Logic, You hook it up to an amp or headphones to monitor it when using Logic- that is, if you want to use mLAN to transfer audio to and from Logic. That’s what I mean by act as your audio card. You need a way to get audio into a computer, that’s what an audio card or interface does…

but basically im trying to use my motif as a midi keyboard as well as be able to needed to use it own sounds and sequence with logic, and for some reason its not working do i need midi cables? or the firewire alone is good enough with mlan?

No you do not need MIDI cables. mLAN should handle everything.

Please list for me, what you have installed thus far… I know this can get a little overwhelming but, I mentioned the manual was written for the AI Driver, you should have substitued the YSFW Driver in its place…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 02:23 PM
wreckhouseproducer
Total Posts:  54
Joined  02-17-2008

ok in resonse to what you said about the audio card i do have an audiobox usb made by presonus, and i currenlty have it connected to wear i can hear everything i do in logic out of my speakers.

also i did download the ysfw driver and it shows when i go to my system preferences along with the usb/midi driver, are those the only drivers i need? or is there more?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 11:08 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Per our conversation, issue #1 is to get that YSFW properly installed. On thing that may help is to reset the PRAM and NVRAM is you haven’t already. Here are the instructions below.

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
Shut down the computer.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Turn on the computer.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Release the keys.

Peace… keep me posted…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

One thing that you need to do that is often overlooked is make a change in the autoload screen.

If you can see the “Yamaha Steinberg FW” icon in System Preferences, but the YSFW driver doesn’t show up in the Audio MIDI Setup, then you need to do this:

Press [Utility]
Press [F1] - General
Press [SF4] - Autoload

Set the IEEE1394 Driver parameter to FW
Press [Store] and confirm

Finally, reboot the XS.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2009 @ 02:10 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

One thing that you need to do that is often overlooked is make a change in the autoload screen.

Df. the main problem right now is that the YSFW will not properly install. He’s repaired permissions, and attempted to reinstall several times but, the driver remains greyed out even when the Xs is connected and does not appear in AMS…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

hey guys i tried what you both said i ever tried all of this on a diff mac figuring maybe that the mac i was using had so much of the stuff downloaded prior to me updating my motif that it was working and still nothing, im really lost for words now idk what it could be, im thinking about resetting my laptop back a few days to before i started this process and starting from scratch and seeing what happens

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2009 @ 02:28 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

great news i got it on one computer, now i just need to figure out how to get it on my orginal laptop as well as what setting should be set in my audio midi screen, should i change everything to yamaha steinberg fw? that allows me to? and do i also have to make that connection in midi devices where i draw the extention from one arrow to the next?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2009 @ 11:44 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Congrats,
in AMS’ Audio Devices, I normally choose everything except System Output, which are the various alarms, etc that your Mac makes… Yes, you also need to draw the cable, which is essential for proper porting of the MIDI into Logic.

Now for the real great stuff: Logic 9 will allow you to utilize both your Presonus Audiobox and mLAN at the same time. See The Following Post. NOTE: The Software Monitor Setting in that pic should be toggled off when recording Audio from mics, etc… to decrease latency

That is, if you do not want to monitor the output of mLAN via the XS’ output jacks, you can listen via the output of the Presonus. In this scenario, the XS is either disconnected from the amp or the output is turned down. Also, the XS is set to operate via mLAN and the mLAN Monitor Setting is set as follows:

From Song or Pattern Mode- [UTILITY], [F2] (I/O), mLAN Monitor Setup - change to either ‘with PC’ or, ‘with PC (DirectMonitor)’. Simply put ‘with PC’ allows you to monitor any effects you are adding to the audio coming from the XS and an additional setting must be made within Logic. From that same Preference referenced above, select Software Monitor in the ‘with PC’ mode on the XS and you should hear it’s audio…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

thanks still tryna figure out how to get it working on this laptop of mine, i think the problem is all this stuff downloading and idk where it all downloaded too and its blocking me from moving on with the new downloads

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2009 @ 05:46 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

i dont understand thats last 2 paragraphs in your last post

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
wreckhouseproducer - 14 September 2009 05:46 AM

i dont understand thats last 2 paragraphs in your last post

The first paragraph just mentions an option for how you want to hear or monitor what’s going on in Logic. Typically, when using mLAN, you connect the XS to a mixer, amp(s), powered monitors, etc… and monitor Logic that way. You now have an option to utilize mLAN as your input device in Logic but monitor via a second Audio Interface…

The second paragrah talks about mLAN Monitor Settings in the XS and a Logic Preference Audio setting…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Joined  02-17-2008

oh ok what are the advantages of using mlan and the audio interface?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2009 @ 02:21 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Flexibility is the greatest advantage and depending on your particular setup, this may or may not be something particular useful to you. It eliminates me having to physically connect or disconnect eiither the XS or Audio Interface depending on whether I want to record vocals through the phantom-powered condenser mics or XS Audio via mLAN…

I’m certain that there are others but, I ‘m sleepy…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Snow Leopard
Next Topic:

MIDI regions whited / greyed out ››