mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "still need a little help"

Posted on: September 02, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
Jay O Productions
Total Posts:  8
Joined  08-17-2009

So i get that i can hook up my motif xs6 to logic 9 by audio cables and usb or midi. Still have a couple new questions

1. do i need one or two audio cables going from the motif to my external interface? (firebox)

2.what settings do i need to have the xs 6 or logic on to properly hear audio through logic being played on the motif?

3. do i hook up the motif to the interface like an instrument with the audio cables or do i plug in the back of the interface in the audio outs or ins…

sorry if these are easy questions i just need a little more help any of it is aprreciated thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

For audio the answers to your questions are:

1) Two if you want to record in stereo (which you should, unless you have a very good reason not to!)

2) You have to have the firebox selected as your input device in the ‘core audio’ pane of your audio preferences in Logic. 

3) The XS is just another instrument so plug it into whatever line-level inputs you have available on the firebox.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2009 @ 11:38 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

2.what settings do i need to have the xs 6 or logic on to properly hear audio through logic being played on the motif?

As it relates to MIDI, setup the XS6 According To This Post. Also, make sure you have set the XS for Logic Mode (pg 267 of manual)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Aether reverb plugin - Significantly better than Space Designer
Next Topic:

Snow Leopard ››