mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Knob Control Of PLG 150 AN"

Posted on: August 21, 2009 @ 10:29 AM
4_02am
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-21-2005

I would like to control my plg 150 AN (in slot 2 Motif classic) with my M-Audio Oxyen 49.  I have figured out I can set the conrtoler to midi channel 2.  Turn down the volume (to zero) of the motif voice on channel 2 (in sequencer modes).  This way I can use the other channels for motif generated voices.  What I have not yet been able to figure out is how to incorperate the use of the Oxyen 49’s controls (9 sliders and 8 knobs).  The pitch bend and mod wheel work great.  Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2009 @ 06:21 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
4_02am - 21 August 2009 10:29 AM

I would like to control my plg 150 AN (in slot 2 Motif classic) with my M-Audio Oxyen 49.  I have figured out I can set the conrtoler to midi channel 2.  Turn down the volume (to zero) of the motif voice on channel 2 (in sequencer modes).  This way I can use the other channels for motif generated voices.  What I have not yet been able to figure out is how to incorperate the use of the Oxyen 49’s controls (9 sliders and 8 knobs).  The pitch bend and mod wheel work great.  Any suggestions?

I suppose that you have set your PLG150-AN to port 2 in Utility settings. Since you are connected to M-Audio Oxygen via standard 5-pin MIDI cable, you could not transmit more than one port with 16 MIDI channels. Only with Motif connected via USB cable you could send more than one port. But, there is a solution.
You could set your PLG board to port 1. In that case you will hear both Motif and PLG sound on MIDI channel 1. To avoid that, while in Song/Pattern mode you should set [F3] TRACK, [SF2] OUT SW (Output Switch), INT SW (Internal Switch) to off.
Now you could easily program your Oxygen sliders and knobs in Enigma software to control AN sound! I was previosly using Oxygen 61, but now I have Axiom 25 as additional controller with my Motif ES (VL,AN,DX).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
4_02am
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-21-2005

Thanks will give this a try.
~David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2009 @ 09:01 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
4_02am - 30 August 2009 10:44 AM

Thanks will give this a try.
~David

There is also another solution, but it needs computer. Since Oxygen is USB powered, you could use computer for both powering Oxygen and as a MIDI interface. In your DAW application like Cubase or whatever you could select MIDI In from Oxygen and one of Motif ES MIDI Outs. In that case you could use port 2 MIDI out of ES and direcly play your AN board from Oxygen.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-AN and Motif ES Rack
Next Topic:

Pair of PLG150-AN’s available ››