mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AN and Motif ES Rack"

Posted on: August 11, 2009 @ 07:14 PM
atxmrk
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-10-2005

Need to ask help from this forum.  I have the studio manager and Multi editor up and running fine.  Can’t get the AN expert editor to work stand alone and talk to the Motif ES Rack.  No Transmit or Receive.  The documentation is not very clear on how to sync the two.  There is probably a trick or method I do not understand that will make this combination work.

The AN is in slot 2.

Any Ideas?

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2009 @ 06:06 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
mrkluth - 11 August 2009 07:14 PM

Need to ask help from this forum.  I have the studio manager and Multi editor up and running fine.  Can’t get the AN expert editor to work stand alone and talk to the Motif ES Rack.  No Transmit or Receive.  The documentation is not very clear on how to sync the two.  There is probably a trick or method I do not understand that will make this combination work.

The AN is in slot 2.

Any Ideas?

Mike

I have AN installed also in slot 2 (but mine is in Motif ES). But, it is not an issue. The only thing you should do when you use AN Expert Editor in standalone mode is to set MIDI channel to no.1, Device No. to 1 and Port to 1 (not to 2 as in MultiPart editor!!!!). That’s the only trick, but it is written in AN Expert Editor manual. To be honest, I had the same problem and thought that something is wrong until I did the previous settings.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
atxmrk
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-10-2005

nbadesign,
thanks for the post but I can’t get the AN Exper Editor to even talk to the Motif ES Rack with the PLG150-AN installed.  I can load user voices for the AN with the voice editor.  Am really wanting to use the AN editor because I am more familiar with an analog synth control.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2009 @ 04:42 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
mrkluth - 12 August 2009 06:25 PM

nbadesign,
thanks for the post but I can’t get the AN Exper Editor to even talk to the Motif ES Rack with the PLG150-AN installed.  I can load user voices for the AN with the voice editor.  Am really wanting to use the AN editor because I am more familiar with an analog synth control.

You said that you are using Studio Manager and Multi-Part Editor and that works fine, but you have problem with AN editor. As I understood, AN editor works fine through Studio Manager or I’m wrong? You didn’t say what OS do you use on computer, since there are some problems reported with Vista. Yamaha even said (although some guys on this forum gave different results) that plug-in editors are not compatible with Vista.
What version of AN Expert editor do you use? I suggest you to try the latest one, which you could download through this post.
Give me some more informations in order to help you prevail this problem.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150-VL for sale... $115
Next Topic:

Knob Control Of PLG 150 AN ››