mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Anyone use the FC-9?  HELP!"

Posted on: August 05, 2009 @ 06:13 PM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

Hi All - I’m attaching a copy of a thread from the XS Forum - as I still do not have a resolution to my problem.  I see others have issues with the FC9, but I cannot seem to find this exact problem others are having.  NOt sure if I should send this back or not.. Appreciate any insight!

Greg

Below is a copy-paste of an unresolved thread…

Posted on: July 29, 2009 @ 08:17 AM Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  9
Joined 12-03-2007
[ pm ] I have a question on the FC9 foot controller, not sure if I should have posted on the “on stage” section for this or not.

I recently purchased the FC9 because I liked the ability to dial in the MIN volume and be able to work within my set high/low volumes while performing.  I am using it on my XS and have it run via a stereo 1/4 from the OUT2 to the foot controller on the XS and have set that jack to channel volume.  However, the MIN volume dial does not work...?  Its my understanding that I do not have to run from the main out of the XS through the pedal and out to the snake in order for this to function - I should be able to run it as a volume controller.  The pedal does function as a volume pedal - but the MIN volume dial does not have any effect on the Min level. 

Does anyone have any experience with this pedal?

Also while I’m on it, I have the FC3 and an FC4.  How do you guys like using these and what do U use them for?  I was using the FC4 for sustain, and switched to the FC3 for sustain (due to the better control?)

As always - Thanks in advance!

Greg

Posted on: July 30, 2009 @ 05:14 AM Bad_Mister

Total Posts:  21346
Joined 07-30-2002
[ pm ] Make sure your 9V battery is good (it is highly recommended when not using the FC9 that you unplug the cable - the battery is being used as soon as you connect a stereo 1/4” cable

You say you are controlling Channel Volume - which is correct, we assume you have the Foot Controller jack set to cc007, correct?

And make sure that the switch is set to CV…

Posted on: July 30, 2009 @ 12:54 PM Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  9
Joined 12-03-2007
[ pm ] OK - 9V is new (Fluke meter reads 9.5 volts).  XS is set for the Foot Controller #1 Control No. to: 07 Channel Volume.  The FC9 is connected with a stereo 1/4” from the Output 2 jack and switch is set to CV to the XS Foot Controller 1 jack.  The pedal will operate the Volume ; however the MIN Volume dial has no effect on the volume range.  In theory I think I should be able to play a sound on the XS and have the pedal in the “closed/down” position and turn the dial to adjust the minimum output level… correct?

Also - just so I’m communicatinhg clearly, the LED light does not illuminate when the OUTPUT jacks are used, only when the Input jacks are used… but in this application I am not using the Input jacks on the FC9.

So the problem is the MIN VOL dial has no effect on the overall pedal function… ???

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2009 @ 03:22 AM
Alaskan Buckeye
Total Posts:  57
Joined  12-03-2007

OK - here is the follow up if anyone was thinking about trying the same thing I did= After a call to tech support, the short answer is the MIN VOL dial only works when the pedel is used in a input/output setup and not in the Control Pedal/control Master Volume function…

Not sure how I feel about running the Motif through the FC9… as I was hoping to use the control function and keep the Motif outs clean.

Looks like thevolume fader may be the best bet.

G

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Virtual sampler for mac
Next Topic:

sound output form Motif XS on stage ››