mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "mLan16e and Presonus Firestudio 26x26 Driver Conflict"

Posted on: August 10, 2009 @ 01:38 PM
Kalib
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-21-2009

Attempting to add an mLan16e (via Motif ES) to my recording studio with a host of woes:

Woe 1: Bandwith Overflow - solution = Hotfix for Windows XP SP3.
Woe 2: mLan unable to find mLan/MotifES - solution = roll back to restore point and install 1.6.3 mLan driver (not the old driver then update).
Woe 3: firmware update from 511 to 519 failed, said to restart MotifES now light on mLan no longer lights and mLan software and firmware updater do not find mLan.
Woe 4(?): Device manager reports two instances of the bus driver.

All this said, there is a core issue. The mLan install uninstalls my Firestudio ASIO driver! When I launch my DAW (ACID PRO 6) the ASIO settings are gone. Are you only able to install one ASIO driver in Windows XP?

Can someone answer this base question, then I can figure out if the rest of this adventure is worth tackling.

Thanks,

Kalib

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2009 @ 01:48 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, the Yamaha mLAN Driver does not unistall any other ASIO driver. You can have as many ASIO drivers on your computer as you wish. You will only be able to select ONE ASIO driver per application. As far as I know, you would have to manually uninstall an ASIO driver if you wish to remove it.

You can check the installed programs by going to CONTROL PANEL > ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS > wait for the list to populate > this will list your installed programs and drivers.

So your application should list the available ASIO drivers, and you should be able to select one of them to use.

p.s. Current plan, hook mLan to my Quicksilver Mac and transfer resulting audio files to Windows DAW via TCP/IP. Lame workflow but I guess this is what I get using Yamaha products (plus Microsoft).

??? I have no idea what you are talking about…
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2009 @ 04:50 PM
Kalib
Total Posts:  13
Joined  07-21-2009

I ran the installer a fourth time and both ASIO are now showing and selectable. The difference is I launched the Presonus software and left it running during the mLan ASIO install and before launching the DAW after the install. Seems to have worked.

Now I just have to pull out the mLan card and create an RA due to the 511->519 Firmware upgrade failure...when it returns I’ll be able to see if everything actually speaks to each other without any further problems.

Know anyone who can do this local in the Bay Area rather than an RA to mail the mLan16e out?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2009 @ 07:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You should contact Yamaha… I’m not at all convinced that you have any of this installed properly - as you insist on doing things your own experimental way… Perhaps there is nothing wrong with your mLAN board, perhaps there is… but by creatively installing your driver, you may have pooched the mLAN16E… If the mLAN board does not light up, I cannot understand how in the world you could have possibly installed the mLAN driver (?) Four times or 104 times, that just should not happen… if the mlAN16E is not working, the driver should not install (it is kind of necessary that it be the found hardware… Know what I mean?)

...anyway call Customer Service, they will be able to tell you how to proceed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES Rack and Yamaha KX8
Next Topic:

How do I load sounds into my ES rack? ››