mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simple use as a player"

Posted on: August 08, 2009 @ 08:52 AM
hamlet
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-07-2009

I hope there are somebody who could explain, how I setup Sonar 7 and Motif-rack XS as a live player. I placed the definationsfiles and it´s ok. We (my band) got several midifiles we use live there are maked in XG format. Now I have to convert these files til Motif format. I hoped that I could use Yamaha´s “Mega-enhancer” and save time, but its not that simple. Are there a shortcut to convert XG files, so it´s ok with Motif. I´m impressed there are so many functions in this module, but I have hoped it could replace my old MU90 module a litle easier.
Can I get some help???
I cant figure out how I change reverb and echo setting, so it will go through to Motif?

As it shows I´m not a midi expert, but ´´m learning.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2009 @ 10:12 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

No shortcuts I’m aware of. In a strict sense, the Rack is not XG compatible, so the XG setup commands in the first measure will have to be removed and replaced by you with the desired instruments and midi effects. The note data will be fine, but that’s about it.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Doubling of piano sound with Sonar and Rack XS - help!
Next Topic:

Routing Audio Inputs ››