mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG AN difficulty"

Posted on: August 02, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I have the AN in slot 2 because the VH is in slot 1. I researched and found the way to get the effects & controllers working as per a BM post. However for some reason, after I copied the voices from the voice editor in PLG 1 to PLG 2, when I transmitted to the ES, there seemed to be no communication between the ES & the editor. Normal transmits work fine but PLG 2 from the editor does not. Any ideas?

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

OK never mind....the editor & the ES are communicating, however I found an oddity. After I copied all the voice data from PLG 1 to PLG 2 in the Voice Editor and transmitted, the effect & controller info didn’t register. So I transmitted data on the 1st voice only and it worked. I stored the voice and it stuck. I tried a couple more voices and it stuck. I retried the whole voice set at once and this time it worked. Go figure!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2009 @ 03:05 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 02 August 2009 09:36 PM

OK never mind....the editor & the ES are communicating, however I found an oddity. After I copied all the voice data from PLG 1 to PLG 2 in the Voice Editor and transmitted, the effect & controller info didn’t register. So I transmitted data on the 1st voice only and it worked. I stored the voice and it stuck. I tried a couple more voices and it stuck. I retried the whole voice set at once and this time it worked. Go figure!!

Well, interesting. Mine AN board is also in slot 2, cause I’ve already install VL card in slot 1. I’ve also used technique that you mentioned to copy all voices from slot 1 to slot 2 (Regenerator Library) and it works fine. Did you call voice editor from DAW or from Studio Manager in standalone mode?
Also, what version of software are you using?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2009 @ 05:01 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Actually I don’t use the Studio Manager. I use it as a stand alone and call it up from my computer. Admittedly, I am using the first version. I know there is an update but I heard you need to use the Studio Manager with it. Since I work with the ES sequencer & an AW16 I didn’t want to mess with it although I have the SM & the newest version of the VE on file.

Funny, when at first I couldn’t get it to work, the VE version was my first thought.

While we are on the subject (something I’ve been wanting to find out for sure when the need arose) IS the SM necessary to run the new version of the VE???? Is there any advantage to using the SM in my case??

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2009 @ 07:46 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 03 August 2009 05:01 PM

While we are on the subject (something I’ve been wanting to find out for sure when the need arose) IS the SM necessary to run the new version of the VE???? Is there any advantage to using the SM in my case??

Pete

As I know, you could only start Voice Editor through SM. So, it is better to have always the latest version of it (2.3.1 is the last). I found that previous v 2.2 have a problem when you change your MIDI keyboard. For instance, I’m using M-Audio Axiom along with Motif ES. When I start Cubase without Motif, than start with it again, SM lost its MIDI settings since near MIDI port number there is N/A. But, you could select proper (recognized) MIDI driver/port from dropdown list. With newer version it never happens!
Also, you could keep all settings from all your editors in one place.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2009 @ 01:51 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

At this point I don’t need the SM. Thats why I stayed with the 1st version of the VE. It works perfectly for my use. I’m sure at some point I will need the SM & the newer version of the VE. For now, it is all good.

PeterS

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AN and Vista
Next Topic:

PLG AN & insert effects ››