mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using motif xs with logic"

Posted on: August 04, 2009 @ 05:47 AM
jerichosteel
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-26-2007

hI Im all new to mac, logic and setting up the motif to it.

I just went all mac and have played with logic. and would like to use the sounds of motif xs in logic through midi how can i go about this.

2. i would like to use the mlan with logic. how can i do this.

i know there might have been countless posts on this , i shall read on through. but if someone can help me in the ‘motif and logic - for dummies’ version, that would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

hi jerichosteel,
I have made an mLAN Logic Tutorial but, it is specifically for the AI driver. While much of the setup is the same for the YSFW Driver, if you employ that driver, the ports will appear differently in Logic. Also, the behavior of that driver is different in Logic as opposed to the AI Driver.

But, that tutorial should guide through your questions and if you use the YSFW driver-the other things to keep in mind are these-

1) MIDI ports for the YSFW driver in Logic read: Main, MIDI Out and Remote, whereas they were numbered 1-4 when using the AI Driver. The ‘Main’ Port operates exactly as Port #1 for the AI Driver. Port #4 will not appear as it controls the Studio Manager only. And, the MIDI Out port sends MIDI to the MIDI Out Jack of the XS and will trigger any synths, etc… connected to that jack while the XS is operating in mLAN mode… The ‘Remote’ Port functions as does Port #2 in the AI Driver…

2) The characteristics of the XS’ mLAN Monitor Settings are different in the AI Driver versus the YSFW Driver. I note the differences here: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/444139/

Hope this helps…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2009 @ 08:07 PM
jerichosteel
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-26-2007

whats YSFW again ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

YSFW is an firewire driver to facilitate the transfer of audio and MIDI via mLAN. It’’s an acronym for Yamaha-Steinberg Firewire Driver…

AI Driver came with the Disk when you purcjased the XS and I believe is loaded if you install Cubase AI. (You’ll have to forgive me, it’s been a while ago that I loaded that driver).

In my exerience, the performance of the YSFW Driver is far superior…

[ Ignore ]