mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to get the megavoice aka real sound of instruments using a motif classic"

Posted on: July 17, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
nifelife
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-17-2009

Hey guys i was offered an yamaha motif classic rack for 325 , i was also offered an motif es for 500$ i see the difference is between the two is increased sound memory and the megavoice.

The megavoice seems to be just some kind of perk which allows the sounds to have the background natural sounds like the plucking of the string on a steel guitar or the striking of fingers on ivory on a piano.... i could be wrong but i rather ask you guys first before i purchase....

also how would i be able to emulate the MEGAVOICE sound incase i do get the motif classic rack…

thanks for the welcome

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You will not. Pure and simple - what the Keyboard MegaVoice brings to the table is a new set of samples that are specific behaviors. These samples are not available in the classic Motif-Rack and there is no way to add them.

Looking at each of the units Motif Rack (2002), Motif Rack ES (2004) and the current Motif Rack XS (2008) - there is definite significant improvement in how and what they are capable of doing.

Motif-Rack had 84MB of sampled WAVE ROM (1309 Waveforms)
Motif-Rack ES had 175MB of sample WAVE ROM (1859 Waveforms)

This is very significant in terms of sound engine

The Motif-Rack had the ability to recall 4 Dual Insertion Effect when in a PERFORMANCE or MULTI setup.

The Motif-Rack ES had the ability to recall Dual Insertion Effects for all four PARTS of a PERFORMANCE and as many as 8 PARTS of a MULTI.

Motif-Rack had 256 Arpeggio types
Motif-Rack ES had 1787 Arpeggio types

These things are very significant.
And if you step all the way up to the Motif-Rack XS you will find that things have improved yet again.

Motif-Rack XS has a huge 355MB of sample WAVE ROM (2670 Waveforms), and has 6633 Arpeggio types (with 4 simultaneous Arpeggiators)!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ RE : Motif Brass
Next Topic:

Killer Analog Synth Bass Sound ››