mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating samples"

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
KurtzyES6
Total Posts:  48
Joined  02-16-2009

Hello,
I use my ES6 on stage. I have Korg’s Legacy Softsynth with the M1 and Wavestation synths. I do not want to bring my lap top to gigs with me, but I would like to sample some of the sounds like the classic M1 piano and a few others and load them into the ES. I’m new, however, to creating sample voices. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do it? I know I have to capture a sample of the sound I want as a wave file, but how much of the sound do I need? The piano is the main one I want to start with. Do I have to record a sample from the time I hit the note and hold it until it fades completely out?
Thanks for any help you all may be able to give.
Ryan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2009 @ 01:27 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
KurtzyES6 - 14 July 2009 11:50 AM

Hello,
I use my ES6 on stage. I have Korg’s Legacy Softsynth with the M1 and Wavestation synths. I do not want to bring my lap top to gigs with me, but I would like to sample some of the sounds like the classic M1 piano and a few others and load them into the ES. I’m new, however, to creating sample voices. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do it? I know I have to capture a sample of the sound I want as a wave file, but how much of the sound do I need? The piano is the main one I want to start with. Do I have to record a sample from the time I hit the note and hold it until it fades completely out?
Thanks for any help you all may be able to give.
Ryan

I’d be a poor “instructor” if I told you that you can easily sample
individual sounds from a software instrument and recreate those sounds on your ES. My real-world advice - forget it, it isn’t going to happen for you that way.

Go back to the laptop idea - that’s the best way. You need an
audio interface hooked up to your laptop (FireWire or USB) so you
can get the sound out and into your P.A. I recommend a rackmount
audio interface so you can put it in a rack. QuickLok makes some
excellent laptop stands and you can attach velcro to the bottom of
your laptop and onto the stands to secure the laptop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2009 @ 02:53 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Another option you may want to consider might be the V-Machine by SM Pro Audio. It’s sort of like a mini-receptor - which IIRC does not support the Korg Legacy Collection. You may want to check over at KVR and see if anyone has been successful in getting the Korg software to work on either of these standalone boxes. If not, you may want to consider another dedicated laptop that you would want to take out live with you. I agree with Dave regarding the sampling. It could be done, but each note you sampled would be a major PITA to map, then normalize, then create another at different velocities. By the time you got done with the M1 piano, you ‘d probably never want to sample again. Honestly, I’m really not trying to discourage you - just prepare you. Hope that helped. It was meant with the most sincere of intentions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
KurtzyES6
Total Posts:  48
Joined  02-16-2009

Thank you guys both for your info, I really appreciate it. Sounds like it will be a lot more trouble to sample than it’s worth. I will explore the other options. Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Billy Joel - "Just the Way You Are"
Next Topic:

RE : Motif Brass ››