mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "80’s pop/rock files not working with Motif ES rack"

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
firstaudio
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-10-2009

hi,

i recently bought the 80’s voice files but cant seem to get them to load into the motifes rack.

first off, i must say rick was helpful in trying to set me up but still no to avail, so i wanted to check with those other folks who might have bought this package and got it to work.

right now, i have 2 files .w7e and .w8e.

i noticed that the studio manager voice editor load files displays .w9e for motif es rack files and shows .w7e for motifes 6/7/8.

so perhaps i have to rename the .w7e to .w9e, i havent tried that yet. but what i did do, is go ahead and load the .w7e and then transimiited that to the rack, but when i look for the voices on the rack they are not there (even after the transmit says 100% completed).

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
firstaudio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Did you check all of the USER voice banks… it maybe that USER1 in the voice editor files includes the factory default voices for the Rack ES product. It’s not unusual for new voice banks to be distributed in USER2 in order not to overwrite these factory default voices.

Let us know.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
firstaudio
Joined  07-10-2009

i used the dial and scolled thru all the voices and couldnt find them. but i will double check again tonite.
thanks for the quick response!

i’m still a little concerned with the file formats.  i received the .w7e and .w8e but if you use Studio manager/voice editor/load and then click on the file type drop down menu...you’ll see that motifes Rack format is .w9e not .w7e or .w8e.

so im still concerned that i have the wrong files. but rick(80’s creator) said those are the files he sends out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 05:40 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

What are you telling it to TRANSMIT?  The whole library?  The whole BANK?  Just a voice at a time? 

Does your rack say RECEIVING BULK when you do this?

That file format is fine, by the way.  If there’s data specific to the ES that won’t work on the ES-RACK, it’ll just be ignored; but I’ve done that several times and it’s OK to use a non-w9e file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002
firstaudio - 14 July 2009 05:29 PM

i used the dial and scolled thru all the voices and couldnt find them. but i will double check again tonite.

But did you select USER2 before scrolling through the voices using the data dial?

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 10:53 PM
firstaudio
Joined  07-10-2009

when i loaded the .w7e, i just hit transmit...then i believe i saw “transmitting...” not sure if it said “transmitting bulk..”.

as far as the bank, i thought if you use the dial it will scroll thru all banks/voices in those banks.

is that correct or do you have to switch between user1, user2, pre1, pre2?

as i scrolled the dial i recall seeing everything.

but i’ll try again tonite to confirm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2009 @ 10:01 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

When you load the bank, you need to COPY the voices into a slot in your USER bank, then transmit THAT bank.

Start by doing a mass copy of ALL the banks in the Rack. 

Save that as your own personal library; you never know when you’ll need a backup.  :)

So, load up the library.  It’ll be a single bank. 

Open up your own personal library.

COPY the voices you want from your Pop/Rock bank to USER slots in your own library.  Let’s assume you’re going to use USER 1…

After you’ve COPIED all the voices you want, then you need to STORE the voices.

Click the TRANSMIT VOICE BULK button.

Select NORMAL USER 1 from the drop down.

Click START.

When you do this, your RACK should read “Receiving Bulk...” or something like that on its LCD screen.

When you use the jog dial, it’ll cycle through ALL voices; PREs and USRs. 

But YOU need to tell the editor WHERE you want to store the voices, and WHICH banks you want to transmit.  I think that’s what’s missing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2009 @ 06:17 PM
firstaudio
Joined  07-10-2009

very well explained! thanks!

i found out what the issue was...believe it or not here’s what happened in my situation.

i did eveerything you said, and have been doing that, but the one thing that wasnt happening was the motif wasnt sayiing “receiving...”

to my surprise, when i unplugged the usb while it was “transmitting” it didnt complain...it went to 100% transmitted.

here’s how i fixed it.  i kicked off the transmit again while the usb was plugged in...then unplugged and plugged again...then the motif kicked in and said “receiving”.

so now i think my problem is solved!!! i havent played the motif yet to verify the sounds, but as far as the userbank1..it is diplaying the 128 sounds from that library!

thanks tony for your expertise and advise!  no only if i can get my laptop running xpprofessional working..i need to return this friend’s laptop.

closing this thread for now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha USB-MIDI drive not working for Motif ES Rack
Next Topic:

Audio Records Which Effects? ››