mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please Help!! Turn off aftertouch on voice - Motif Rack ES"

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 01:06 PM
kbrown
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-10-2009

This is probably an elementary question, but can someone please tell me how to turn off the aftertouch on a voice
Specifically voice pre3: 082
Br:VeloFalls has the horn falls that I want to get rid of.I like the crescendo - just not the horn falls.
thank you
Kelly

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

I’m pretty sure it’s not after-touch, it’s velocity based, hence the name “VeloFalls.”

I believe there’s another Br: voice that will do what you want already, but if not:

Go into VOICE EDIT and go into the ELEMENTS for that voice and change the upper limit for the STANDARD brass sound element UP to 127, and turn the FALL element OFF entirely.

Save as a USER voice, and you’re done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 06:19 PM
kbrown
Joined  07-10-2009

Tony,

Sorry, I am a newbie.
How do you get into the elements of the voice?
It’s not real clear on the rack?
Thanks for all your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 06:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

As TonyPhillips points out there is another Brass Voice that is the same as the VeloFalls without the Fall-off it is called: Br: Sforzando PRE3: 085

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 06:28 PM
kbrown
Joined  07-10-2009

Thanks- yeah, I checked that out - it sounds a little different not sure if it’s the algorithm or reverb, or what.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2009 @ 02:35 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

You can temporarily turn off ELEMENTS of a voice by just pressing the respective ELEMENT button on the front panel so that the light goes OUT.

In the case of Br:VeloFalls, the Fall-Off sound is in elements 3 and 4, so select that voice, then hit the 3 & 4 button so that the LED goes off, and you’ll no longer hear the falls.

However, since those are VELOCITY sensitive, you’ll no longer hear ANYTHING if you send a velocity > 110, so that’s why you might want to edit the voice to set the velocity limits of elements 1 and 2 to High of 127.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 13, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
kbrown
Joined  07-10-2009

Tony,

That is awesome...thanks so much for your help

[ Ignore ]