mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Complete Orchestra review"

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 09:29 PM
drvenom
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-13-2009

After reading much praise for this library, I was more than excited to give it a try. Reached out for the bank card, coughed up the money, downloaded the file, installed it, and I was ready to go. The overture is nice and inspiring, but that is about the only thing that is inspiring in the whole library. The “strings” voices are alright, but nothing special, one can do without them just fine. However, most of the solo instruments are a disaster. The violins sound synthy and screechy. Some of the brass instruments have a little nasty hiz at the top end. After a few hours of playing with this library the only thing that came to my mind is, “What a waste of money.” Yes, I know that samples are available, but the samples do sound better.

I’ve looked for the “terms of use” and cannot find anything prohibiting the resale of the library. So, I would be willing to sell it for half the price since I have no need for it. I’m going to stick to stock orchestra voices in the motif xs and my EWQL libraries.

I accidentally posted this on the motif xs forum but was unable to erase it there. My apologies.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2009 @ 01:46 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You should have had no problem deleting your post in the XS section.

Anyway, the XS version of Complete Orchestra is a complete rewrite
of the ES version and addresses many of the things you mentioned.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Santana guitar sound
Next Topic:

Billy Joel - "Just the Way You Are" ››