mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How Do I create an “All” File and “Directory” Files?"

Posted on: July 04, 2009 @ 09:08 AM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

A very elementary question. I own a Motif 6. I have always just created and saved “All Voice”, “All Song” and “ All Waveform” files. But now, I find myself needing to group these files into different directories named by project (I believe will then appear on the “Dir” screen ?). How do I create such directories?
Also, when I go to the “All” screen, no file has been created yet. How do I do that, so I can save my stuff more easily?
Thank You

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2009 @ 01:22 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

While you can create directories directly on the Motif, it does not provide any easy way to copy or move files around on you SmartMedia (or SCSI) storage device.

My recommendation would be that you setup and organize your user data using your computer. This will require that you have a SmartMedia Card reader on your computer. These are frequently included with computers or can be had for very little money.

When copying or moving Motif Classic files, you should be aware that (most) of these files come as pairs of files.  So, for example, an ALL file will actually be two files (*.w2a and *.w3a). When moving or copying files make sure to keep these pairs of files together.

Also, note that the file management facilities of the Motif are context sensitive. So if you tell the Motif to load a voice it will only display files from which you can load that data (ALL files and ALL VOICE files). Also, the Motif will not show both files in the matched pair… it will only show the *.w2x files.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]