mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack ES Multi: “ContraBass” Displacing Selected Voices."

Posted on: July 01, 2009 @ 10:19 AM
rroberrt
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-01-2008

There are say ten voices selected for a Multi - they are saved/stored - after saving they still all show as selected and ready to play in Sonar. But the moment i press the start button, one or other of the selected voices gets replaced by “ContraBass” (Pre 2 #128).

This happens repeatedly. The voice replaced varies but is usually close to the last voice selected.  Any help appreciated.

I did audition ContraBass several days ago and wonder if somehow I inadvertantly saved it???

B.T.W. It doesn’t say in the manual, but I’m assuming that when a Multi is saved, only the current version is saved...in other words, I don’t have to clear or delete any unwanted voices from a previous version of that Multi....????? - or do I?????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 10:42 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

You save the MULTI with the voices you wanted.  Cool.

Did you select the correct voice in SONAR?  You need to do that, too.

When you hit PLAY in SONAR, it sends all the controller data, Program Change messages, etc EVERY TIME.

If you have the correct voice selected in the track in SONAR, it’s possible that you also have a PROGRAM CHANGE message stored in the MIDI stream.  You ought to be able to find that when looking at the EVENT VIEWER for that track; look for CC MSB, CC LSB, and PC messages which should be HIGHLIGHTED in a different color than everything else.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 11:36 AM
rroberrt
Joined  09-01-2008

Thank you Tony.  No, I did not check the voice in sonar, (only the channel). I’ll do that now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 12:13 PM
rroberrt
Joined  09-01-2008

Alright! The voices are now designated in Sonar, and the trouble seems to have gone away.

I had entered the voices for this (my first) Multi via the ES Rack before getting Sonar set up to show the Motif library. Now that it is, i’ll need to figure how to set up a Multi from Sonar...back to the manual! :)

Thanks again, Tony. I’d never have tumbled to it by myself.

[ Ignore ]