mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My Motif is off when recording in pro tools"

Posted on: June 02, 2009 @ 01:18 AM
eXileWorld
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2009

Im using Pro Tools 8 LE
SPIDF Cables
Midi In and Out from motif to
MBOX 2
Windows XP PC

So i basicly figured out that what im going to do is pick which ever instrument i want record it in pro tools by using play back and den record that instrument into an audio track and then put the instrument i used in the comment box and just hide that midi

but it is literally taking me like an hour to get one type of MELODY on beat to the others because i think motif’s tempo clock is diffrent then the pro tools one.

So i really need your help!!!

does anybody know how to make it so that they are on the same TEMPO Clock? they are both on i.e. tempo 90 but when i record with an Arpeggio into pro tools it sounds SLightly OFF is there anything i can DO??? maybe motif settings or Pro tools setting? PLease Help!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 11:40 AM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

If you’re still having this issue, it sounds like what you need to do is to the MIDI set-up screen on the MOTIF and select MIDI for the Synch parameter.  In effect, that makes the MOTIF a slave to Pro Tools.  That should synch everything up. 

If you’re using an Arp’d voice, the Arps won’t play unless the transport in PT is active.  So, if you want to audition, just hit play in PT so the tempo clock is being sent. 

I do this all the time and it works great.  You can layer PERFS in the MOtif with soft synth voices from XPAND or whatever and have everything in perfect synch.  Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]