mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How To Access XS Editor"

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 10:22 AM
jjmotifman
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-23-2009

Greetings All,

I downloaded and installed both the Motif XS Editor and XS Editor VST.  How do I launch either of these applications? 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The XS Editor requires Studio Manager which is it’s host program. I believe version 2.3.0 is the latest. Install SM2 and launch. LINK TO STUDIO MANAGER .DMG.

LINK TO EXPLANATION & SETUP OF BOTH EDITORS

The VST Editor is accessed from within Cubase. LINK TO VST TIPS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006

...and i would use the new VST editor because OSX studio manager does NOT run “within” Logic but the VST editor does.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/softwareupdates/view/motif_xs_editor_vst_v120_mac_os_x

;;cheers;;

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2009 @ 08:33 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Unless something has drastically changed in Logic in the last 8 hours or so, I do not believe that Logic can ‘natively’ run VST plug-in.

From page 252 of the Logic Pro 8 manual:
Important: Logic Pro can not act as a host for plug-ins in VST or RTAS format. There are, however, utilities such as the VST to Audio Unit Adapter (http://www.fxpansion.com), that “wrap” Mac OS X versions of VST plug-ins to create virtual Audio Units. Once wrapped, most of these plug-ins behave, and can be used, just like Audio Units.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006
motif8mine - 21 June 2009 08:33 PM

Unless something has drastically changed in Logic in the last 8 hours or so, I do not believe that Logic can ‘natively’ run VST plug-in.

From page 252 of the Logic Pro 8 manual:
Important: Logic Pro can not act as a host for plug-ins in VST or RTAS format. There are, however, utilities such as the VST to Audio Unit Adapter (http://www.fxpansion.com), that “wrap” Mac OS X versions of VST plug-ins to create virtual Audio Units. Once wrapped, most of these plug-ins behave, and can be used, just like Audio Units.

yeah, i was thinking of Vocal Rack, Pitch Fix, Final Master and the 01X_Channel Module which were rereleased in July 2007 for Mac-Intel (Universal Binary)

;;cheers;;

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
bobby velasco
Total Posts:  24
Joined  06-26-2009

I just bought a YAMAHA XS 7… -))

i tried wrapping the vst editor on Fxpansion’s VST to AU converter and guess what: IT’S USELESS!!

Not unless yamaha or APPLE Logic will do something about this,we Logic users would love to have that MOTIF XS_AU_Editor running inside Logic.

Also I just found out that the XS Editors are VST3 plugins.(which,Logic only recognizes VSTi instruments only.. for now ) So in short,these wont really happen in Logic

YAMAHA MOTIF XS RULES!!! -))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 04:29 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Thanks,
I was wary of the manual’s language, namely:

Once wrapped, most of these plug-ins behave, and can be used, just like Audio Units

I use the XS Editor running along side of Logic and I personally cannot see how having the Editor run inside of Logic would appreciably help my workflow. It’s pretty fantastic having them run side by side…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
bobby velasco
Total Posts:  24
Joined  06-26-2009

that’s great!! I’ve tried using the XS Editor on Logic also. But is there a way that I can Export the sounds from XS 7 without having to record it in a audio track first,and then export it later? In Cubase,It’s alot easier. You just hit export audio mixdown,and it directly exports it in realtime. But in Logic,you had to record the audio first inside Logic,before you can export or bounce it into file. . .

Thanks alot ,cheers!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 06:03 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

You want to create and External instrument and Logic 8 can do the exact same thing. Note my post here… An External Instrument is different from an External Instrument Track...

Also, note: the term ‘VST’ was used for effect only…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/442560/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ having trouble getting sounds from es6 into logic pro
Next Topic:

Firewire Hub ››