mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "damaged stereo outs"

Posted on: May 08, 2009 @ 11:17 AM
vask100
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-24-2003

it’s come to my attention that my stereo pair of outs on my MO7 classic may have some problems with it’s output. over time, i was noticing how i wasn’t always able to get good recording levels into my DAW (SONAR 4), and recently during a tech session my tech noticed it as well. he ran a test by recording a stereo signal from the headphone output and there was a considerable difference in the signal amount almost immediately; which begs the question:

am i missing an internal setting that maximizes the output from the two main outs? i’d prefer to use the main outs as opposed to the headphone outs (i hate broken gear), OR are the assignable outs (which i’ve never really HAD to use) just as capable? i’d like to know this before i go to a service center; AND

what might have caused this? i was asked by the tech did i plug any amplified source INTO the outs, and i’m rather certain i didn’t; but anything’s possible. i’ve had my mo since 2002 (i think) with virtually no problems, and it’s a singularly studio piece.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2009 @ 12:25 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

There is an internal software master volume control. It could be you have inadvertantly changed this (perhaps by loading a different ALL file or maybe Sonar has sent a midi exclusive message making the volume change)

Of course this may not be your problem, but I would check here first.

Second check point would be the MEQ settings in case they had changed.

Of course, bear in mind that the main outs are set to feed a different impedance than the headphone outs and that woudl explain the volume difference.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
vask100
Total Posts:  37
Joined  07-24-2003

thanks very much; those are both items i was not aware of; i’ll check them and see what happens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF1] TG
Here you will find the overall Volume parameter which typically is set to 127. This volume can be changed when/if you playback a Standard MIDI File that has a fade out… MIDI Fade Outs are created using the UNIVERSAL SYSTEM VOLUME command (which lowers the main Volume)

You can always return the Motif to factory conditions with a Factory Set (save all your data first to an ALL data file, because this will reset everything).

Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Press [ENTER]
Press [YES]

Also you want to check the overall OUTPUT GAIN
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
Press [SF2] OUTPUT
Here you can see the GAIN setting for your various outputs… typically the main L/R is set to +6dB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
Ghostown
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-12-2006

Hi, just a few remarks..

1 the seperate assignable outputs will outputs your sounds WITHOUT eq or effects, so not much use for many sounds unless you plan to pass them through external gear (as i do live)

2 Ive also had problems with my main outputs, but my problem is a question of panoramic...which ive found is caused by a lot of voices having an uneven pan, especially the basses, (stronger signal on the left or right)
This however can be simply neutralised,(MIXING/EDIT/OUTPUT/VOICELP/OFF) or fine tuned in the voice edit..

Also the motif seems fairly sesitive to electrical devices and especially laptops, ive had a few nightmare buzzes at gigs and in studios…

Good luck

[ Ignore ]