mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI through"

Posted on: June 16, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
mswantek
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-10-2005

Hi. First post, long time Motif 8 owner, just now diving into all the neat things it can do… I know, better late than never!
My question is this. I can find MIDI files online of songs that I would like to play along to. I use cakewalk to isolate the drum track and send it through the Motif. Thats where it gets foggy.... What do I have to do to be able to play over this drum beat? Must I load the midi into the Motif? Currently it plays from my laptop through the midi ports. I really want to learn this so I can have some more fun.... Is there a section in the manual or a tutorial on motifator that I need to watch? Please help....

Signed,

No beat Motif user.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I do not know Cakewalk. However, you would simply setup the Motif in Song Mode. Select an voice on track one, (for instance) and another track corresponding to the MIDI Channel of the MIDI Drum Track in Cakewalk ( I always reserve track 10 for drums).

Next, create an additional MIDI track within Cakewalk set to a different MIDI channel than the drums and the same channel as the voice you want to play in the Motif. The Local On on the Motif should be set to off. That is, the key press will not trigger the Motif’s internal tone generator until the MIDI is echoed back from Cakewalk… That’s pretty much it…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wah wah...
Next Topic:

Classic Mo-6 to Garageband ››