mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Uneven volumes when changing between Performances in one song"

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 03:05 PM
Louder_Than_Good
Total Posts:  302
Joined  07-30-2002

Hi - I have a question about Stage use of my Motif Classic. Wellie suggested I post here as well - would you please take a look over there at this post:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/443131/

and let me know if you have any thing that might help?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2009 @ 02:02 AM
afterhours
Total Posts:  19
Joined  05-22-2009

I have the same problem with my S90 when I switch Performance settings.  The problem stems somehow from the FC7 foot controller I use because I have to ‘wiggle’ it when I change settings - otherwise it goes to 100% full volume.  I bought a second FC7 foot controller because I thought there was something wrong with the first one but it did the same thing.
Unless someone has a programming or setting to fix this, my choices are:
Play that song with the foot controller at 100% volume and try to control the overall with the master slide (if you can break a hand free)
‘Wiggle’ the pedal to another setting and back to the original one as quickly as you can
Unplug the FC7 controller for that song - but really, that is just the same as running it at 100% volume.
I usually go with the ‘quick wiggle’ option.  It’s hard if you’re playing standing up - definitely easier if you’re sitting down but not as cool.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2009 @ 08:06 PM
Louder_Than_Good
Joined  07-30-2002

I saw some similar posts in the “Programming” forum, but for some reason I’m not able to reply, or ask questions, in that forum. It’s worth taking a look over there anyway ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 11:07 PM
afterhours
Total Posts:  19
Joined  05-22-2009

This question got posted two places so I’ll answer it here too.  Actually, Bad_Mister answered the question when I posted it on the Sninety forum a few days ago so he should get the credit for the answer.

The volume pedal goes to 100% every time you switch sounds because the CntlReset function is factory set to “Reset” the pedals instead of “Hold” the pedals in their current position.  Hence it went to 100% regardless of the pedal position and I had to ‘wiggle’ the pedal to get it to register its position after the reset.

Go to “Utility”, “General”, “Other” and look for the CntlReset function on the far right.  Change it from “Reset” to “Hold” and you’ll never have the ‘surprise’ loud sound after you change sounds again.  I tried it over the weekend and it works great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 12:08 PM
Louder_Than_Good
Joined  07-30-2002
afterhours - 26 May 2009 11:07 PM

This question got posted two places so I’ll answer it here too.  Actually, Bad_Mister answered the question when I posted it on the Sninety forum a few days ago so he should get the credit for the answer.

The volume pedal goes to 100% every time you switch sounds because the CntlReset function is factory set to “Reset” the pedals instead of “Hold” the pedals in their current position.  Hence it went to 100% regardless of the pedal position and I had to ‘wiggle’ the pedal to get it to register its position after the reset.

Go to “Utility”, “General”, “Other” and look for the CntlReset function on the far right.  Change it from “Reset” to “Hold” and you’ll never have the ‘surprise’ loud sound after you change sounds again.  I tried it over the weekend and it works great!

I’ll try that, thanks!

[ Ignore ]