mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wah wah…"

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
Kdose
Total Posts:  21
Joined  08-27-2008

Im desperatly trying to use the ‘’wahwah’’ sound on my productions but for some reson i cannot use it in the mixing mode. It wont do the ‘’WaHwAhWaHwAh...’’ effect that you get in the ‘’Voices mode’’, it’ll just do like a steady ‘’waaaaaah’’ Plus i got a footswitch but still can’t do it… Anybody can help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2009 @ 12:03 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Do you have the insertion effect switch turned on for this voice?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2009 @ 01:53 AM
Kdose
Joined  08-27-2008

Well i just did pressed the Insertion Button but doesn’t make a difference, Its still a Steady Wah but as soon as i leave the pattern mode and go back to Voice mode it’ll ‘’WaHwAhWaHwAh’’ like i want. Do i have to do anything speacial in the settings?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The Motif Classic has a single dual insertion effects processor. Therefore, although you can have up to 16 parts assigned to a song or pattern mix, only one of these parts can have its insertion effects enabled. The Wah effect is typically implemented via insertion effects. Therefore, if you want the Wah effect enabled for a voice in a mix, you must make sure that the part that this voice is assigned to has insertion effects enabled for it.

Specifying which part of your mix has insertion effects is set in the [SONG] (or [PATTERN])-->[MIXING]-->[EDIT]-->[COMMON]-->[F6] EFFECT-->[SF1] CONNECT dialog. By default Part 1 has its insertion effects enabled. To change which part has insertion effects enabled simply change the EFF PART parameter (highlighted in the attached image) and then store the modified mix to your song (or pattern) by pressing [STORE].

Regards,

Brad Weber

Image Attachments
Image1.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Thanks Brad, I couldn’t answer this earlier: for some strange reason, even though I see everyone was posting today, I couldn’t access this site…

BTW, page 188-189 of the Motif Classic manual deals with this…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2009 @ 06:48 PM
Kdose
Joined  08-27-2008

Thank you a million times Brad, You actually answered all of my questions and it works! I love this forum :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mic
Next Topic:

MIDI through ››