mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "arp settings for Baba O’Riley"

Posted on: June 04, 2009 @ 05:36 PM
hitchcocknut
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-21-2008

I purchased/downloaded the DCP Production’s Vintage Keys to my PC and was able to transfer the Baba O’Riley patch to my ESrack.

I am using a Yamaha CS2x as a controller and also have an 88 note controller in my rig.

I mentioned the CS2x as it also has an internal arpeggiator and can trigger the ESrack.

The sound itself is great. My question is regarding performance of the patch. Are you supposed to have the arp on? If it’s on, you have to be spot on tempo-wise or the sounds starts stuttering and doesn’t sound smooth. If you don’t use the arp, then you are rocking the FCF through the whole song. Also the right hand part sounds out of sync with the arp on. The Sample of the Baba O’Riley patch on the website was smooth and glitch free. How did you accomplish that? Is it sequenced? Was that live?

This might be a rookie question but this is the first time I’ve tried using patches downloaded from a website and transferred to the module.

Another somewhat related question: If arp is designed to be used with patch, is there a way to manually increase the tempo of the arp, either via modulation wheel or volume controller pedal for the end of the tune?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

[qoute]..Are you supposed to have the arp on?

Not if you’re using the arpeggiator on the CS2x…

then you are rocking the FCF

What is an FCF?

If arp is designed to be used with patch, is there a way to manually increase the tempo of the arp, either via modulation wheel or volume controller pedal for the end of the tune?

Well, that depends on where the clock is coming from.  If it’s coming from an external source, then it depends on whether your external source is adjustable or not.  If you’re doing INTERNAL sync, then:

1> Check out page 43 of the MIDI DATA LIST.  It shows that AssignA/B Controllers can be set to control the Arpeggiator Tempo.

If you’re heart-set on using the assignable controllers for something else, then go to 2 (because the assignment for the Assigable A/B controllers is GLOBAL.  There is no Per-Voice controller set that can change tempo.)

2> Check out page 62 of the same guide.  It shows the address and datatype to send SysEx strings (.... 40 70 28 xx xx and 40 70 29 xx xx) to do the same thing; this would be real-time and would not be saved unless you saved the voice after making a change.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
hitchcocknut
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-21-2008

What is an FCF? Rocking back and forth with your left hand playing F, C, F…

Thanks for the arp tempo controller info!

How did you perform the sample that is on the website? What settings if any did you use that aren’t pre-programmed in the patch?

How do you play left and right hand parts at the same time with the arp on?

Thanks again for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2009 @ 09:35 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

‘T’wasn’t me.  Probably DavePolich, the guy who IS DCP productions.  :) Keep an eye out or PM him.  I haven’t seen him around in quite a while.

[ Ignore ]