mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Slowing Tempo in Logic"

Posted on: May 31, 2009 @ 01:34 AM
jjmotifman
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-23-2009

Quick Question.

How do you slow the tempo over a measure or two in Logic once you have recorded tracks?  Say, from 75 beats per minute down to around 60 beats per minute gradually over two measures.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2009 @ 04:31 AM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

In the arrangement window click on the arrow ‘Global Tracks’. Then you get the tempo track vizualised. Use the pencil. Click ,on the tempo line, the beginning of the measure where you want to start to slow down. Now click on the place where you want to have your new tempo. In your case two bars further. You got two points and three segments now. With the arrow tool catch the third segment and drag it to the right new tempo. You got now on that place a vertical line and two dots. With the arrow tool catch the upper dot (in case of slowing down) and drag it to the left. You can draw the curve as you like it.
Succes, Kris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
jjmotifman
Total Posts:  15
Joined  03-23-2009

Thanks for your response on my question.  I am having some difficulty, however, in doing this.  I uploaded several tracks from my Yamaha Motif XS keyboard using firewire and added some vocals using an Apogee Duet but even when I do as you instructed, the tempo does not change for some reason.  It seemed to change my vocal track though.  Would I need to do a select all or something to have the tempo change on all tracks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

Ok, you can only slow down tempo this way working with midi tracks. Not with audio tracks. In audio it’s called time stretching. You have to do that in the audio editor. But gradually slow down audio tempo it’s not possible in a way that’s acceptable to a musical ear.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firewire Hub
Next Topic:

Motif XS Samples w/ Logic Midi ››