mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t Get All Samples to Load at Once"

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 02:10 AM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

I have created about 15 samples in my Motif 6 so far. I’m always careful not to assign a target user voice number to them (because I use the same samples sometimes in voices in different voice files). But when I highlight and try to load the first sample in the list from the “All Waveform” window, that sample, and several others load with it. Then, I will randomly choose another sample on the list to load, and several completely different samples will load. I can’t get all my samples to load at the same time.
Nor can I get just one sample to load at a time from the “All Waveform” window. 
For what it’s worth, I have “moved” all my samples (waveforms) around, so none of them occupy the same waveform numbers and there’s no duplicate waveforms. But it didn’t help.
I’ve never understood how the “Waveform” window works, so I leave it alone.
Thanks a lot for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 02:56 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

As the name implies, “ALL WAVEFORM” will load all of the waveforms present in an ALL WAVEFORM file (*.w2w and *.w3w) or an ALL file (*.w2a and *.w3a) while specifying a data type of “WAVEFORM” will allow you to load individual waveforms from those files.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
torsogong
Joined  08-25-2005

Bear with me sir. This is a little hard to explain. I already know what you have told me. But I have apparently made a mess of things, partly due to the fact that there is virtually no info in the user’s manual about this process.

Again, I’ll try to explain. When I am at my “All Waveform” window on my Motif 6, and press LOAD and ENTER, while “All Waveform” is highlighted and no .W2W file is highlighted, Only SOME of my total number of samples load. But if I highlight other waveform files and load, I get a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of samples loaded than the first download. There is no rhyme or reason. 

Furthermore, when I go to work on a song that uses user voices containing samples, I cannot get all those samples available at once, because each successive attempt to load a sample from a particular folder into a user voice often “takes Away” the sample used in another user voice. 

As you suggested, when I go to the “Waveform” window, I see the same list of .W2W files as on the “All Waveform” window. However, they appear as folders now. And when I click on any particular .W2W folder to see the files inside, guess what? The same old thing. Each folder contains a partial number of my total sample files. I cannot figure out how to merge all my samples together into one folder(?). I have however, managed to delete all the duplicate ones.

So you see, as I said before, I can’t seem to load all my samples (waveforms) at the same time, or even one at a time.
I even tried to load all my samples internally, so I could just use the Auto Load function. But the problems above wouldn’t allow me to do so.
That’s about the best way I can describe this.

I have never created anything in my All or Directory, if that info helps.

I think you guys should get paid for your advice. I know it would be worth it to me.
Thanks, Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2009 @ 01:23 AM
torsogong
Joined  08-25-2005

Well, I figured out what my problem was. I had recorded some samples in the “Voice” mode and others in the “Song” mode. Gotta watch out for that! As for the problem of duplicate waveforms in different files, to heck with it. I just got in there and used the Wave Job Mode to clear it all up. There’s some things I just don’t want to know why they happened, as long as I can make the problem go away. (At least, I hope it’s gone away.)

[ Ignore ]