mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "record motif in mono or stereo into logic?"

Posted on: June 02, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
axxe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-20-2009

Intil now i have selected one of my inputs of the audio interface in logic and recorded the sound from the motif. The waveform looks nice and average i guess. BUT, if record stereo the waveform is only situated on one side of the audio region: like shown in the pic....i was recording a organ part by the way...so should i record it it mono or stereo, and does it vary from instr to instr on the motif?

Thanks..

Image Attachments
Bilde 1.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2009 @ 11:47 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

What and why you record in mono is totally up to you and I won’t get into what and / or why you might want to record certain instruments in mono. But what is important is the setup of the XS output channels and also of the input bus in Logic.

In order to properly record mono, you would come out of the L (mono) Output Jack on the XS to your Mobile Pre In… But, when you record stereo, you must utilize both the L/R Output Jacks on the XS to the two 1/4” Input Jacks on Mobile Pre. (one on the front and one on the back). In addition, you must create a stereo Audio track in Logic to record onto and direct the input bus of that track to the two Mobile Pre Ins…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 09:13 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

ok, thanks...but if i record sterero and i am utilizing both instr channels on my pre, which on should the channel in logic be set to? i just use input 2 because that is where the sound is at. but how will i know what input to set to in logic if im using both inputs for a stere sound?

and will keyboards and such always go into the line in or outputs? i thought output were supposed to house the monitors..like lets say an interface like the alesis io26?

Image Attachments
io26_front_back.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 09:15 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

are my motif going into two of the 8 ouputs to the left to make stereo? and so are my monitors? i chose the io26 as an example because im thinking about buying it? sorry for bothering, but im a bit lost with cables? thanks alot in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 01:18 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

You didn’t mention what Audio Interface you have. From one of our previous posts, you mentioned you had a Mobile Pre. Exactly what do you have?

EDITED JUNE 3, 2009 @ 12:23PM

which on should the channel in logic be set to? i just use input 2 because that is where the sound is at.

When you have a stereo audio track created in Logic, you would select both channel 1 & 2 as the input bus from the track’s inspector. If you are not seeing signal from both channels, it’s n issue with the audio interface…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 01:38 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Axxe,
I guess I was still sleepy, (late night) so I read your posts again-

Look, the physical outputs L/R from the XS go into the Mobile Pre inputs 1 & 2 via 1/4” cables, if you are going to record in stereo. The physical outputs 1,L / 2,R of the Mobile Pre go to your monitors.

Now, within Logic, in the Audio inspector of the track, you would select the input 1,2 which should correspond to your Mobile Pre… In the two pics below, there are examples of both a mono track which is set to my mono input 13 and a stereo track set to my stereo inputs 3-4.

Image Attachments
Picture 5.pngPicture 4.pngPicture 3.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 02:59 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

oh yeah sorry of course the input should be 1 and 2 if stereo, but with mono? u said out of the left output on the motif right? yeah i still have the mobile pre, but im planning on buying a new one as it is not mine.That is why i was referring to the io26, cus i was wondering about the setup there and where my 1/4s would go in; into the mic/line combos or the outputs on the back?

and yeah i had the cables set as u told, but i was still getting the strange region thing with ``half`` waveforms..Im gonna try again tomorrow..

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using logic with motif xs6 and mbox 2 mini
Next Topic:

Axxe demos ››