mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using logic with motif xs6 and mbox 2 mini"

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 03:21 PM
Mikey Mike
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-01-2009

Hey guys...new to the site. First im using a mac os x with logic pro 8. my motif xs6 is connect via usb and my mbox is connected via usb. I have recorded beats I made in pattern mode on my xs6. Ive read previous forums and set it up to where I can record my patterns via usb into logic. I have my mbox 2 mini also connected via usb but my question is how do I get sound to come out threw my mbox? I see the recorded tracks but when i press play nothing is coming out. now i have my outputs on my mbox going to my studio monitors. reminder my xs6 is only connected via usb. can anyone help me out? it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks. Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 07:13 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Let me suggest reading this “I AM A LINK”, it will help you out…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 08:29 PM
Mikey Mike
Joined  06-01-2009

so are you saying I should route the audio outs from xs6 to mbox’s inputs and route the outputs from the mbox to my speakers because im still not getting sound, all I see is the midi data being recorded. my whole reason of doing this is so I can hear the music coming out the mbox 2 mini because I have a condenser mic hooked up to the mbox and want to record vocals oveer the beat.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

my motif xs6 is connect via usb and my mbox is connected via usb

1st- Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, I am saying that you should be connected from the XS via USB directly to the MAC. And, the MBox via USB to the MAC.

2nd- the audio output of the XS should be connected via 1/4” cables to the MBox.

3rd- in order to trigger the XS, you must play or record MIDI onto an External Instrument Track. And, that track must be properly routed to the XS MIDI Port #1 and set to the corresponding MIDI channel you want to trigger per the instructions via that link…

4th- I am not familiar with the MBox but, it should allow you to monitor the output of the XS in Logic even when not recording- But, the MBox should be set as your core audio device within Logic as follows. Preferences>Audio>Core Audio and set the Device to MBox (or, whatever name represents the MBox in your Core Audio Setup...

EDITED ON 6/1/09 @ 8:56PM

5th- Yes, you would either direct the output of the MBox to (powered, perhaps) speakers or preferably during recording of vocals, listen via headphones connected to the MBox...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
Mikey Mike
Joined  06-01-2009

Ok great I really appreciate you helping me out. now I hooked up my xs6 like you said in the 2nd step. I have the sound coming out of the mbox but now I have the recored midi data and after i bounce it to mp3, when i go to listen to the mp3 there is nothing playing as if only the midi data went threw and not audio. also when im playing the music back in logic nothing is coming out on the output track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Ok, this is something different altogether. The a are couple -three different ways to do this. The first two are:

1) to record the tracks as audio in addition to MIDI. So, you would create an Audio Track for each corresponding MIDI track. This would give you the maximum control over your mix…

2) Create an External instrument and bounce it in real time. This link describes how… CHECK THIS OUT

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS Samples w/ Logic Midi
Next Topic:

record motif in mono or stereo into logic? ››