mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Difference between MEQ and MEQoffs in mixing mode?(SORRY FOR POSTING MANY TIMES,TECHNICAL FAULT)"

Posted on: May 11, 2009 @ 11:38 AM
tdwctdwc
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-09-2009

This question has always been floating with me..
What is the difference between the two?
I have always been using the MEQoffs in all my songs, and leave the MEQ untouched.
I use the following settings:
Low=0
Low mid= -25
High mid= + 32
High= + 3

With the above settings, i have to say that i was always pretty happy with the outcome(the stuff i do is jazz-fusion).

But lately, i’ve decided to use the MEQ instead, using the following settings:

Low= 0
Low mid = -3
Mid = 0
High Mid = +2
High = + 4

And i actually REALLY like the sound!
It’s more punchy and fills out pretty nice.

So , really, what is the difference between the two, and do i need to use both in a mix ? or only one ? if so, which ?

thanks a lot in advance)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 01:37 AM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

I have never touched the Song Mixing MEQ Offset. I only use the Song Mixing MEQ. However, remember, there is also a master keyboard MEQ in Utility > Voice > MEQ, so check that out to see if all that is set flat.
I’m sure the engineers had some reason?....
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 02:00 AM
tdwctdwc
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-09-2009
torsogong - 25 May 2009 01:37 AM

I have never touched the Song Mixing MEQ Offset. I only use the Song Mixing MEQ. However, remember, there is also a master keyboard MEQ in Utility > Voice > MEQ, so check that out to see if all that is set flat.
I’m sure the engineers had some reason?....
Dave

Yep i know about the utility EQ. but i never use it since all the presets in voice mode are nothing short to perfection and i really think they don;t need any EQ tweaking.
I only use it in song mixing mode.
And regarding the engineers you mentioned: well some of them are here on this forum, but they just don’t bother to reply ...
I’m not the first one here who posts a question and it stays unanswered for a looong time !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2009 @ 10:51 AM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

Well,
It would be interesting to peek into the lives of these “staffers” - you know, whether they had famililies to support, full -time jobs that take up most of their time. Actually, throughout the years, I have been involved in three other failed Yamaha support sites, and this is by far the most helpful and professional. Sorry for your experience here, but I have been very impressed with how quickly my (very involved and technical) questions are answered. I must admit, it may take a few go-arounds to get what you need to hear. But really, we probably can’t imagine how busy these people are. And I would like to think they’re helping us out of the goodness of their hearts.
I’ll try and be on the lookout to answer your questions if I can!
Good thoughts, Dave

[ Ignore ]