mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic Pro 8:  Not seeing Halion Symphonic Orchestra Plugins"

Posted on: May 12, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Hello All,

FrankE said I should post this here since it more pertains to Logic.

I just spent all evening trying to figure out how to get Logic Pro 8 to see Halion Symphonic Orchestra (AU).

I did the install all of the disks of Halion Symphonic Orchestra but Logic Pro 8 is not seeing it in the plug in area.  I have looked at both user guides (Logic and Halion S.O.) and I am not finding ANY clues that are helping me.  On page 18 of the Halion S.O. user guide it mentions Logic 7 and talks about the AU plugins folder (which I am not finding).  It is seeing the regular Halion Plugins, but not Symphonic Orchestra.

Any thoughts?

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Hey Bill,

If you’re still having problems after this, verify that the Plug-in will operate as a stand-alone. If not, it’s an installation problem. You also didn’t mention what version: there could be a conflict if it was a pre-Intel mac version…

Anyway, this is where to locate the AU Instruments. In the Track Inspector, click on the I/O section… When it expands, look at the bottom of the and locate the AU Instruments folder. All of your AU Plug-ins should be listed there…

Image Attachments
Picture 5.pngPicture 4.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 09:28 AM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

It does not show up down there in the input strip.  The Plugin does operate as a standalone and it does show up in Cubase 5.  I do have the latest install (I installed the disks and did the update from the Steinberg site.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 03:33 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

And does it appear here- Preferences>Audio Units Manager. And if so, does it say that it has been properly validated? If not, highlight and rescan…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 04:19 PM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

motif8mine,

It is not showing up there and I don’t know why it is not showing up.  I did the install (for Halion Sypmphonic Orchestra) per the proper steps yet Logic doesn’t see it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

OK, I’m not familiar with the plug in but are you are installing the AU as opposed to the VST version? Steinberg Plug-ins are normally VST’s and Logic requires AU. Also, I’m thinking it’s an installation problem because Logic automatically validates properly installed AU plug-ins… If you have Cubase AI4 or 4/5, does the plug-in appear there?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2009 @ 04:39 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

By the way, what other Halion plug-ins is Logic seeing? And, were they installed at the same time?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2009 @ 12:32 AM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

Hi,

When I go into Audio Units Manager inside of Logic Pro 8, Groove Agent 3 (version 3.0.1) is listed as well as HALion (version 3.30).  These of course are both Steinberg products.  They were all installed at the same time as HALion Symphonic Orchestra (which it is not seeing in the audio units manager.

The plugin files are in my Library/Audio folder/plugins/components folder on my main Mac HD.

Any thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Hey,
again- I’m not that familiar with Halion / Steinberg Plug-ins but, what happens when you select Halion from that menu??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2009 @ 01:29 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Note for in the future, it’s good to be specific with the versions loaded and updated etc… I found the following on Steinberg’s site… Perhaps this is your issue and I would suggest contacting them…

For 32-Bit and OSX Users it is recommended to continue using HSO 1.3, except you need compatibility to HSO 1.5 64-Bit version. For example in dual boot configurations with 32/64-Bit Vista you need to install HSO 1.5 on the 32-Bit machine as well to keep compatibility between both

[ Ignore ]